Airfix 1/48 Defiant

Great job.

I never had much interest in Defiants before this kit came out, but somehow had to get one. It's a fantastic kit. Mine has gone together in no time, about to start painting.

Excellent work Scanlan, very nicely built and painted and I agree with the comments about your restrained weathering, I think too many people go overboard with their weathering but yours is just perfect to my eyes - very well done, I'd like to see more of your work!! :Tasty::thumbsup:

Kev :)

Thanks so much everyone, I built it quickly for our local model show but I'd like to build another, and get the ailerons right (these forums are working out well for me already, I didn't know that)

I didn't know much about this aircraft, but it features in one of my favourite 'Commando Comics'.

I like the restrained weathering thing too, so I build the rare 'distressed' AFV to keep me in check.

• Like 2

Welcome!

Impressive first entry, with the finish looking attractive and realistic at the same time. Very nice work there!

Don't feel too bad about the ailerons – luckily, it's just a model. If not:

"In July we lost two experienced test pilots and a very light jet prototype aircraft. The accident received much attention throughout the industry. The airplane had been in the shop for maintenance that involved disconnecting the aileron controls. To make a long story short, it appears that the controls were reconnected backwards. The airplane crashed on takeoff."

http://www.aopa.org/asf/publications/inst_reports2.cfm?article=5790

Kind regards,

Joachim