Eduard Lim. Edition Danger Zone, F-14A Tomcat 1/48

I've got this kit as well as a Phantom with VF-84 markings. I think I'll do this kit with Tomcatters markings and the phantom with jolly Rogers. I know it may be done a lot, but I have to say, those skull and crossbones is pretty wicked. I really like it. One of my favorites.

• Like 1

Showtime, next is the ordnance :wicked:

Started with the AIM-54 Phoenix

IMG_20160528_173948_zpswdfdlb2n.jpg

You must pay attention with the Resin! I followed "lesthegringo"s info with the heated knife blade and this worked very good.

With the first layer of white

IMG_20160529_102319_zpsgcsbco4z.jpg

An with the first decals. The decals in this set are excellent .

IMG_20160529_170909_zpsuw2llhkr.jpg

Last pic, all decals are on. Now it´s time to put these on the aircraft.

Only thing to go is the weathering, this will be made at the end of the build!

IMG_20160529_185828_zpsq6ypy1mw.jpg

Thanks for watching

Oliver

• Like 6

Thanks Mickd, also to all the modellers who followed my build!

Must say that the build of the Tomcat makes really fun, especially cause this kit is a "one-off"! Sometime it´s tricky with all the small parts (PE) and the undercarriage, the correct painting (have no airbrush).

The light at the end of the tunnel is at eye level.........

Oliver

Hello,Oliver - My apologies for being late in locking on to this fantastic build.You're making a stunning job on this aircraft.I also love the Tomcat.It's appearance says it all! Like your other work,the level of detail incorporated and the standard of finish is simply superb.She looks resplendent in your chosen scheme and I love it - almost as much as your 'Strike Eagle'!! :D All the very best,Paul.

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 1

Thank you so much, gentleman!

Simon, will hang on with the Cat, next will be the Sidewinders and the Sparrows!

Paul, as your titular saint, my next one will be the McDonnell F-4J (Eduard Kit, Rockin Rhino) --> hope you follow this :winkgrin:

But my problem is, which shame i use......

Eduard-48eme-Rockin-Rhinos-F4J-Phantom-I

Either the first or the third...........

Oliver

• Like 2

The phoenix missles look great. Maybe need to do some shopping before starting mine.

Great build Oliver. I'm currious about your next build. The F-4.

Jan Remco.

Edited by Janremco
  • Like 1

Thank you gents!

Jan, absolutely - the weapon kit is a must have.

The F-4J is to wait in the wings .........

Oliver

Sometime it´s tricky with all the small parts (PE) and the undercarriage, the correct painting (have no airbrush).

Oliver

Hi Oliver.

Regarding your comment, how are you doing the painting without an airbrush?

• Like 1

Revell spraycans! But when they don´t have the right color (in this case the Flat Gull Grey FS36440 and the Randome Tan FS33613) i go to the local refinisher to mix up the correct RAL color! Expensive............ :2c:

It´s tricky because very hard to get such a look like with an airbrush, you must be carefully spraying, 3-4 layers of paint. Not to much pressure - otherwise the panellines/details disapear.

Oliver

• Like 1

Revell spraycans! But when they don´t have the right color (in this case the Flat Gull Grey FS36440 and the Randome Tan FS33613) i go to the local refinisher to mix up the correct RAL color! Expensive............ :2c:

It´s tricky because very hard to get such a look like with an airbrush, you must be carefully spraying, 3-4 layers of paint. Not to much pressure - otherwise the panellines/details disapear.

Oliver

You are managing to get a great finish with them. Well done indeed!

• Like 1

Those Eduard Phoenix missiles do look the part Oliver this Tomcat is turning into a real "Top Cat" and the F-4J looks interesting shame you can't do a RAF version !!

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

Hi Guy,

i could do a RAF version for the F-4J but i must buy separate decals! Must look.....

Oliver

Paul, as your titular saint, my next one will be the McDonnell F-4J (Eduard Kit, Rockin Rhino) --> hope you follow this :winkgrin:

But my problem is, which shame i use......

Eduard-48eme-Rockin-Rhinos-F4J-Phantom-I

Either the first or the third...........

Oliver

Haha. Nice. You sir have excellent taste. :coolio: I have the same kit in the stash. I'll be building mine as the VF-114 bird (NH, second scheme) as I'm currently building a RA-5C from the same boat/airwing/era. Just not sure when I'm actually going to get to it. Got 2 in the works already, and I've got a SBD-3 in the pattern for a Pearl Harbor GB.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

Same taste as yours :coolio:

Ok, installed the Phoenix on the underside, here are some views of the Tomcat

Right side

IMG_20160601_173615_zpsyhbtr4ux.jpg

Left side

IMG_20160601_172640_zpskhkmcr6h.jpg

and the underside

IMG_20160601_172848_zpsbvb5pnbm.jpg

At the moment there are "to clean" - this will be dissolved at the end of the build when a general weathering with the tamiya set will be made

Oliver

• Like 6

Also, i finished the the sparrows yesterday!

In contrast to the Phoenix they are much different to handle.

But on the whole the Eduards are on a higher level then the kit ones.

IMG_20160602_072539_zpsklwxykjn.jpg

Oliver

• Like 5

Thanks Parabat,

one quick question - Remove before flight tags on the phoenix? Or not?

Oliver

RBF's I would say yes as it adds interest and more realistic but that's my opinion.

Looking good though Oliver.

Guy

• Like 2

Hello,Oliver - Do you give model finishing lessons by any chance? If so,please nicely may I have a desk on the front row?? :) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1