Eduard Lim. Edition Danger Zone, F-14A Tomcat 1/48

Looks great Oliver nice colour choice .

Guy

• Like 1

With the nose in "launch position", are you planning on the wings spread and flaps down? I hope I have as much success with my future Tomcat builds...as the Eggplane wasn't nearly as detailed as these. Haha.

• Like 1

Lovely work Oliver!

I have just caught up with your build thread and she is looking great.

It is inspiring me to build another Turkey, but with the wings swept back so it can actually fit into the display cabinet!

I can see why carrier captains used to comment about the amount of deck space these aircraft took up, even with wings swept back into "oversweep".

Keep up the superb work!

• Like 1

Hi gents,

thanks for the comments! Will hang on with the Tomcat! At the moment i "fight" with the wings -> this part of the build is :zombie:

The fit is not as good as the parts before - also i´m undecided - wings retracted or extended.... she is a really big beast with wings spread!!!

Oliver

• Like 1

Finished yesterday the wings, gentleman!

IMG_20160518_185638_zpstfp0vaic.jpg

Then with decals on

IMG_20160519_071351_zpshl1g3mrq.jpg

Managed to get all decals and stencils on the aircraft

• Like 2

And with the wings installed (not glued!)

IMG_20160519_071233_zpsjdflhywf.jpg

IMG_20160519_071419_zps6xfw7vle.jpg

IMG_20160519_071256_zpscphdhtns.jpg

IMG_20160519_071440_zpsm4drb0wf.jpg

Now a layer of clear coat will go on and then it´s time for a wash. After that follows the ordnance!

Oliver

• Like 6

Very sharp work Oliver. I'm loving it. So, should I hang on to my Danger Zone boxing instead of opting for either the new AMK or Tamiya Tomcat? Seems like you have really enjoyed it so far.

• Like 1

Hi mates! Thanks for your comments to my build.

Jan, wings spread :coolio:, canopy open, speadbrakes open, slats and flaps down, loaded with 4x Phoenix, 2x Sidewinder, 2x Sparrow and 2 tanks!

Hi Texan76, i don´t know how the AMK or Tamiya Kit is, but the Eduard Cat is wonderfull to build! I think with the PE i´m able to make the best result for myself!

Oliver

• Like 1

You are right, must look after work on this, maybe filler will be needed! Thanks.

Oliver

Hi Ian,

The fit is great! Best kit i had in my hands! Also the decals and the pe! Do you make a wip? Witch scheme?

Best wishes

Oliver

No not yet, still have a hobby boss hornet sitting on the workbench that is just about to get some paint so wont make a start till I have that finished up.

I had a look at all the parts and the quality does seem much better than the hornet which is promising. I was tempted to do the same scheme as yourself, Jolly Rogers because I had an old kit from years that I made with that scheme and always wanted to redo it, but I think I might go for the Sundowners or VF-124.

Will most likely be the Sundowners so I can give the salt weather a bash, would love to have it looking nice a grimey as if its coming to the end of a tour.

• Like 1

Hi mates! Thanks for your comments to my build.

Jan, wings spread :coolio:, canopy open, speadbrakes open, slats and flaps down, loaded with 4x Phoenix, 2x Sidewinder, 2x Sparrow and 2 tanks!

Hi Texan76, i don´t know how the AMK or Tamiya Kit is, but the Eduard Cat is wonderfull to build! I think with the PE i´m able to make the best result for myself!

Oliver

Great choice Oliver armed like a Tomcat was used to be armed.

Jan Remco

• Like 1

Sundowners was my first choice!

Hornet in low-viz?

Looking forward when you start the cat!

Time for a wash on my Tomcat!

Oliver

Also finished the airbrakes and the ladder. Wings glued in position.

IMG_20160522_0903591_zps5eufz80u.jpg

IMG_20160522_0904591_zps4tthvojn.jpg

And a Surface check

IMG_20160522_0905441_zpsreodgasy.jpg

Oliver

• Like 10