Shackleton MR.1 & T.4, Metal Wing Hurricane, Merlin Beaufighter

Edge

Having a trawl through the Internet this morning I spotted Alleycat are preparing the following:

Some more new items this weekend! In 1/72 AND 1/48th Early Bristol Beaufighter conversions for the Mk1/early 6 with flat tailplanes, unshrouded exhaust etc.

2 new 1/48th Sea Vixen FAW1 sets for the 2 Martel missile test aircraft, plusSAAF C-47TP Turbo Dak in 1/72 and Vought Kingfisher windscreen without guntube slot for the 1/32 KittyHawk kit are now available. New 1/72 decals for Meteor NF11/12 and Merlin powered Wellington Mk2 have also arrived.

As a sneak, there are new items on the way that include in 1/72 AC47T 'Fantasma'(Just waiting on guns and mounts), AC47, Early DH Mosquito bomber, and Merlin Beaufighter Mk2 in both 1/72 and 1/48. Along with a 'tin wing' for the Airfix 1/72 Hurricane (Imminent!!), a Shackleton MR1/T4 conversion in 1/72 for the Airfix kit, and maybe the odd conversion for the new 1/48 Meteor.

Going live are the 1/32 Yak /1b /complete kits, however, these are off for casting with up to 6 weeks for return, though it is hoped that 3-4 will be the case. These latter along with the Fury, Gamecock and M1c kits are now cast for AlleyCat by MDC.

For those who have recently ordered a Spitfire Prototype kit, (Thank you!) they will be despatched week commencing 28/03/16. They had been held back awaiting decals, which sadly have now missed their second arrival date, and so will follow on as soon as in stock.

I have no link to the company, save having bought various updates in the past. With the renewed interest in all things Shackleton & the number of Hurricanesd converted to metal wings though some here may be interested.

Edge

• Like 3

I have three Hurricane kits that could benefit from a tin wing.

I think Airfix missed a trick last year by not doing a metal-winged Hurricane for the BoB 75th anniversary, but I shouldn't be too churlish, considering recent releases.

Hi Guys

Here are some pictures of the new 'METAL' wing for the 1/72 Airfix Hurricane, I have made for Alley Cat.

I made sure that all of the kit parts can be used in conjunction with the new required parts as can be seen. There is a set of new lights for the wing and a new modified canopy screen that is appropriate for the new wing. Only two wheel bay parts need a small modification, other than that all of the parts are all drop in and all the other kit parts can be used straight from the kit.

The sets are now going into production, and you can contact Alec or order via the website http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk/

Hope you enjoy this set, and while you do I will be busy with some of the other sets mentioned, some will be soon, others will be later in the summer.

cheers Ali

HUR1_zpsti2iar1o.jpg

HUR2_zpsa8juof8y.jpg

HUR4_zpsv6j657dn.jpg

HUR7_zpsfjjgl3ky.jpg

HUR6_zpskc8pzzdw.jpg

HUR10_zps8oboybt8.jpgHUR11_zpszx5kjr6x.jpgHUR9_zpsu564xtea.jpg

Edited by Ali62
  • Like 10

The SAAF Dak conversion sounds interesting....

Wonder if anyone will do an MR3 conversion for the Shack. Some money to be made by someone whilst Revell uhm and ah as to whether they are doing it or not.

Good morning Ali

When the Wing conversion for the Hurricane Mk 1 will be available ? I have at least 2 Airfix Hurricane boxes in my stash waiting for this conversion ..

Patrice

Good morning Ali

When the Wing conversion for the Hurricane Mk 1 will be available ? I have at least 2 Airfix Hurricane boxes in my stash waiting for this conversion ..

Patrice

Hi Patrice

I have just mailed the first production batch to Alec, you will be able to find these on his website a little later in the week I think. http://www.alleycatmodels.co.uk

Do not worry there will be plenty of these getting made in batches.

Just so you guys know I am NOT doing all the new items for Alley Cat or all of the casting.

However there are some really good and exciting sets planed in various scales. I have a few more to do for the 1/72 Hurricane and Beaufighter and the Shackleton, then some 1/48 Spitfires, Defiants and Meteors and a few other bits and pieces as we go along for other subjects and scales.......

cheers Ali

• Like 3