May the Force be with you - ANA Star Wars Dreamliner 1/144

Beautiful model - I must say when in flight the 787 looks pleasing to me. Kudos on getting the decals and other details so right! The finish again is superb. Regarding the colour scheme, I don't know what came over ANA to insert a 787 in poor R2's backside however, but that's another discussion :yikes: .

Jay

• Like 1

It looks like a rip off of the Minicraft kit,only with an extended fuselage.All sprues and other parts from the EE 757-300 look identical to the Minicraft kit.So I guess the same issues and shape corrections will be required to make a nice model out of it.

Thanks Alex, I'll wait for Zvezda's then!!

It's not that I don't have anything else to be getting on with!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Alex, that is a great result :thumbsup:

I have the same kit to build with those decals. I have already chopped the fuselage and just need to start assembly.

Looking forward to much fun decalling. :banghead:

Have fun with the build and good luck as well as nerves of steel for the decals. :winkgrin:

One word of advice though...I forgot to mention that in my thread;

If you are using the same decal set from the same seller as I did,be sure to turn the 2.one of the 3 blue stripes that are on the forward fuselage in the white section.You need to cut out that motive and put it with the upper side down on the model.Otherwise the pattern is wrong.Seems to be a mistake on the decal sheet.Take a look on a sideview picture of the real one to see what I mean.

If you are sealing the decals later,it will hold on the model that way.

Esp. in the front section,cut out and apply each motive separately,its much easier to get them into the right location.It takes more time of course,but saves lots of cursing and nerves.I learnt my lesson with the first motive and had to cut it into sections after applying.Had to take it off and carefully cut it in sections,then re-apply...

Be also careful with the motives in front of the wings and above the wing roots.As the wings need to be attached to the fuselage before painting,the decals in that area need to be trimmed to sit and fit properly,the decals on the sheet are printed as whole motives while there should only be the upper half.

Again check carefully pictures of the original aircraft as the instructions give no hint about that matter

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 1

Great job Alex, can i ask you for some photos for the webpage?

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much.OK,no problem.I send you some pictures to your e-mail adress.I hope the ones I took for the RFI here are ok.As our house being renovated I can't take better pics at the moment.

Alex

• 2 years later...

"R2-D2 where have you been?" - your build here inspired me to purchase a set of these decals last week - I hope to build my 787 as soon as Revell send me a replacement portside upper wing as my sprue was so badly warped it could not be modelled from.

Your Droid looks quite superb

• Like 1