DRAW decals question

DDELK

I purchased these decals for the F-102 that I'm building and just curious if anyone out there has worked with them and if there are any special tricks. I've worked with many decals before but never these ones. They are printed on one continuous film.

ThanksB2897A79-EC1C-47A8-8F8A-3504975E07F1_zps

I've used Draw decals in the past,obviously each individual marking has to be cutout from the sheet.You have to use very very hot water to remove the decal from the sheet,press the decal down onto the surface of the model with a hot cloth (a cloth dampened in hot water) The decals do seem to be impervious to decal setting solutions and yes initially I did try using setting solutions,if you follow their instructions they do give a very good result.

Malcolm

Edited by Mal

Thanks for the reply Malcolm, I'm just accustomed to the standard decals. These were the only mfg that made the decals for the South Carolina ANG that I could find. I think I'll test some of the markings that I'm not using on a old model just to get the feel for them. I've already got the clear coat(future) on. I'll past a photo when complete. Now since they are printed on one sheet, did you cut right along decal? Or do you leave some of the clear film around it

Thanks again

Dave

Edited by DDELK

Here is a little update with the DRAW Decals. I like the end result, but I do not like the application process. I almost lost the band that goes on the tail, as soon as I put the warm water on it it curled up and was very hard to get it back on the sheet. 0F664323-2D11-4AC8-BABC-4A80D3943786_zps

• Like 1

As you probably noticed, the decals themselves are pretty sturdy - they will tolerate a good bit of handling without tearing or stretching. As others have stated, if you follow the application instructions, you should get a good result. Yes, they are basically impervious to any setting solution, but even so, they will settle down nicely as they dry. Just be sure to press them into place with a damp cloth once you get them positioned where you want them.

Great to see the Deuce decals being used - your model is looking great so far!

Mike