1/144 - Handley Page HP.80 Victor B.1 by MikroMir - released

Homebee

13 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

We are planning 2 boxes - tanker K.1 / K.1A and bomber B.1 / 1A.
As part of the brand AMP will Vulcan B.1 / 1A

You're going to do a Vulcan b1? I'll take 10!

If so, would it be feasible to have it produced in 1/72 as well as the Airfix kit is ancient and notoriously difficult, and there is no 1/72 Vulcan b1 kit that has ever been producedΒ 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I might be missing something, but isn't that a painting of a K1?

Β 

Β 

... OK its a B(K)1A if it doesn't have the centre hose.Β 

Edited by JamesP
read wikipedia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On β€Ž3β€Ž/β€Ž24β€Ž/β€Ž2019 at 9:41 PM, Adam Poultney said:

You're going to do a Vulcan b1? I'll take 10!

If so, would it be feasible to have it produced in 1/72 as well as the Airfix kit is ancient and notoriously difficult, and there is no 1/72 Vulcan b1 kit that has ever been producedΒ 

The only one approximately close to a B1 was the old Lindberg 1/96 kit which actually represented the prototype VX777. With a bit of effort, a passable B1 could be built from the kit but, obviously the major modification would be the wing leading edge. I did this many years ago and, was quite pleased with the result. I shied away from the B1A though because I wasn't prepared to to scratchbuild the revised tail cone!!. I still have the Flightpath set that you can use to produce the B1/B1A from the Airfix kit. I'll get round to it one of those days!

Yes, I'd certainly prefer them to use 1/72 for the Vulcan B1/1A! I have no interest in a 1/144 kit

Β 

Β 

Allan

5 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

The only one approximately close to a B1 was the old Lindberg 1/96 kit which actually represented the prototype VX777. With a bit of effort, a passable B1 could be built from the kit but, obviously the major modification would be the wing leading edge. I did this many years ago and, was quite pleased with the result. I shied away from the B1A though because I wasn't prepared to to scratchbuild the revised tail cone!!. I still have the Flightpath set that you can use to produce the B1/B1A from the Airfix kit. I'll get round to it one of those days!

Yes, I'd certainly prefer them to use 1/72 for the Vulcan B1/1A! I have no interest in a 1/144 kit

Β 

Β 

Allan

The Lincoln International/Kader box scale Victor is also a B1/prototypeΒ though is far from an accurate model in many respects.Β 

Β 

VickerB1-04.jpg

5 hours ago, robvulcan said:

Wow can’t wait for this and did someone say they are doing a Vulcan B1/a wow can’t wait for that too

They said they might do I think (?)...

If they do I'm getting like 5, and if it's upsized to 1/72 then I'll get even more

• Thanks 1

On β€Ž5β€Ž/β€Ž20β€Ž/β€Ž2019 at 8:09 AM, robvulcan said:

Wow can’t wait for this and did someone say they are doing a Vulcan B1/a wow can’t wait for that too

Post #24, to be released under the AMP label.Β  Can't wait personallyΒ  :)

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Delivery is quite a lot on there too the UK..... Think I'll wait until Hannants finally get some

It is but the price of the kit tends to be cheaper than Hannants and the total cost isn't that much different.

My Victor arrived this morning, much to my surprise as according to ebay it would not be delivered until July. ButΒ  I am not moaning! I have had a look at it of course. It is typically Mikro Mir with nice restrained panel lines but a bit of flash here and there but overall looks very good indeed. It can now join the GWH Victor B2 and K2 in the stash.

Β 

John

Well guess I'm buying one on Saturday when I get more money in my account, I've spent far too much this month on models..... Just like every month. And it looks like next month will be the same with Games Workshop releasing their new Contrast paint line....

Β 

Hopefully one will be making its way here soon. AΒ bit confusing that the box art 'sort of' shows a 57 squadron K1, (although as a tanker XH648 was technically a B1A (K2P) with the larger, blunter tail warningΒ radome, (designed for Red Steer). The kit isΒ labelled as a B1 along with dodgy intakes, but then it's only box art.Β I notice it says MM144-027 HP Victor K2P on the decal sheet, all a tadΒ confusing, Victor designations can getΒ a wee bit complicated all on their own.Β XA940 is an interesting choice as, while trialled byΒ the TTF, sheΒ wasΒ never adopted as the aircraftΒ didn't come up to the required modΒ standard and so remained a B1, the only camouflaged B1 in fact, never fitted with anΒ IFR probe or plumbing for the Mk 20 wing pod pylons. TheΒ reformed 1970 Marham 232 OCU aircraft, ie XH592,Β were still B1A standardΒ without wing pods/pylons and still fitted with the under fuselage heat exchanger fairing for the VCCP. These aircraft wereΒ only used for conversion training. If you want to build pure B1 bombers you're going to need more decals, I'm sure someone will come to the rescue, either that or MikroMir will hopefully release one. Also nice to see they includeΒ the early pointed Orange Putter tail warningΒ radome fitted to B1/K1 aircraft. If MM doesn't release a B1 with a B1 decal sheet you can still buildΒ camouflaged B1A's using the 'D' TypeΒ national markings, (which look a trifle bright in the images)Β but would need to find an extra roundel, smaller black nose-gear door serials and squadron fin motifs for an earlier 'white with full national markings' B1, (As an alternative you could go for a set of low viz pink /pale blue for some B1s and all B1As). Best advice...check your references with this oneΒ Β 

• Like 2

Wait so I'm confused.... Does the kit actually represent a B1 or BK1? What can the parts included actually build?

Β 

And what is up with the intakes?

Edited by Adam Poultney

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

Β 

Hopefully one will be making its way here soon. AΒ bit confusing that the box art 'sort of' shows a 57 squadron K1, (although as a tanker XH648 was technically a B1A (K2P) with the larger...........

I can’t wait. I’ve always used these decals for all my 1/114th v bombers. They are correct scale size have the perfect colour and perform wonderfully.

my experience with mikro mirs own decals so far is not worth mentioning. Other than they need some microscale decal film adding to stop them breaking up.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/mark-i-dmk14406-raf-roundels-type-d--396190

Β 

Right then...I’m off to get me some potato sticks and get my backside sat at the bench where it belongs ! :)Β 

• Haha 1

What can the parts included actually build?

Β ο»Ώο»ΏBoth theΒ B1/B1A and a K1/K1A.Β My post was more aboutΒ the choice of decals rather than the kit itself. Ironically they don't provide decals for aΒ B1, (unless you count the unique XA940 as previously mentioned). Β 

Β 

And what is up with the intakes?ο»Ώ

Just to reiterate, there's nothing seemingly wrong withΒ theΒ kit parts, it was only a comment onΒ the box art showingΒ a tanker, labelled 'B1' with two airflowΒ 'diverters'Β in the intakes, which don't actually exist.Β  Only mentioned asΒ it might be off-putting/confusing for someone who doesn't know what's in the sealed box. Personally, I'm going to be getting several of these little beauties for our SIG displays ( I feel a QRA diorama coming on).

Β 

Other than they need some microscale decal film adding to stop them breaking up.

That's not exactly a ringingΒ endorsement for their decals RobΒ :winkgrin:Β I thought you might like a couple of dozen or so......(you can get back to converting the old Kadar/Lincoln kit into one of the prototypes now!)

• Thanks 1