Eduard 1:48 Me109G-6

All done!

The end of the week and that's my second Eduard kit completed in the last fortnight, this time their truly beautiful Messerschmitt Me109G-6, here seen in the somewhat speculative colours of Kurt Gabler's 'Mosquito Chaser', Red 8. This is Eduard's interpretation of Red 8. I say interpretation, because the scheme has been speculated over for years, the consensus being that it was a standard G-6 that had had it's paint sanded off to reveal the underlying metal (with all of the scruffiness that that would have created!). There is talk of paint remaining - particularly on the wings - and also that it may have been finished in primer - both of which seem feasible to me! But this is what Eduard suggest and as I am building the model from the box using their decals, I decided to go with it, the resulting model being rather striking with a bare metal fuselage and painted wings...

I love this kit and really enjoyed putting it together - it's every bit the equal of Eduard's superlative Spitfire range. Will I build another? You bet!

I hope you like it!

Spence :)

Edited by Spence
  • Like 28