Lightning F6 - well be rude not too! ++FINISHED++

Hi Chaps

I have not forgot this, just been a bit busy. I have started to apply a few decals which is nice. But as I was about to apply the Danger Canopy and Ejection seat triangles I noticed that Airfix would have you putting them on backwards. I checked it against a few images and I was right. Lucky I checked it or they would have been wrong.

Lightning%2024_zps4s4n5xvd.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 10

kjhdsdoif dfjefhsfn dehjciwenf

Thats me swearing as so not to offend younger viewers. Only had the white lines on the wings and belly to do when :poo: I messed up two decals on the belly, so until I can get replacements or try masking and spraying there won't be much progress. :weep:

Well will put and add in wants to see if I can get any replacements and contact Airfix.

More soon maybe

I now hate white decals, not really.

Well they are just about done now. Had a few more mishaps but I managed to salvage it. Just gotta sort out the belly ones and a few others and the decals will be done.

Lightning25_zpsi6rnvejd.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 9

Thanks chaps

Yep, you must be happy with that.

Come on then, get it finished...! :)

I deserved that, she is on her own wheels now, masked for spraying the decals I messed up then just need to make her look a bit dirty. Should be finished soon. Will get some more pics up when I can

Hi all I have been busy but still trundling on with this. Done a bit of weathering so its nearly finished. Sorry for the poor pic.

Lightning30_zpscu2t5cdm.jpg

Thanks

Simon

Edited by Skids
  • Like 7

Just wondering...is the cone a perfect cone?

As it would I be able to replace it with a machined brass one fir the weight?

Looking at mine here it certainly appears to be a perfect cone, no eccentricity or ovality is obvious.

Brass is a good idea if you have the means and can achieve a suitable surface finish and glue the bugger on well enough. :)

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

This would have been completed by now but I snapped the pitot and had to build a new one.

Right this will be the last pic here as she is almost complete. Just got to put the pitot on and the canopy open so will have pics in the gallery over there weekend.

Thanks for all the support it has kept me going.

Lightning%20Last_zpsawuztqwv.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 9