1/48 F-14A Tomcat, VF-111 'Sundowners' last cruise 1994.

Hello all,

Here is my recently finished 1/48 Hasegawa F-14A Tomcat in the markings of VF-111 'Sundowners' during their last F-14 cruise in 1994. The build thread is here

Extras used included Aires cockpit, Royale Resin fuel tanks, Verlinden seats, Steel Beach FOD inserts, Hobbydecal pitot tube and Fightertown decals. The AIM-54s are from Hasegawa Weapons set B, the AIM-7s are from an Academy F-4 and the AIM-9s are from a Revell F-15E. I had initially planned to use Eduard Brassin AIM-54s but I had issues removing these from the casting blocks.

DSCF0998_zpsizxnsupt.jpg

DSCF0999_zpssxwtlsep.jpg

DSCF1001_zpsz49jai4n.jpg

DSCF1003_zpsqkcq0f5h.jpg

DSCF1004_zpsnoy7orap.jpg

DSCF1005_zpsqjcem5nd.jpg

DSCF1006_zpsvvsefj5z.jpg

DSCF1008_zpsbltzqwa1.jpg

DSCF1009_zpsdezixguu.jpg

DSCF1010_zps5tjob7cp.jpg

DSCF1011_zps2hwvrqof.jpg

DSCF1012_zpsbvqrynfn.jpg

DSCF1014_zpsuqjqwag0.jpg

DSCF1015_zpskohlqr5z.jpg

DSCF1016_zpsami1g3rt.jpg

DSCF1017_zpsn9p4fqg0.jpg

DSCF1018_zpsnsduxumf.jpg

DSCF1019_zpszpfokxrh.jpg

DSCF1020_zpstdwddxwf.jpg

DSCF1021_zpsi86izlkm.jpg

DSCF1022_zpsqiey5v3o.jpg

DSCF1023_zpsfjfl1wt0.jpg

Majority of my F-14 collection:

DSCF1024_zpsrtrzkbhn.jpg

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Dave

• Like 17

Hello,Dave - That is a beautiful looking 'Tomcat' and is equally complimented by the rest of your collection on display.Great builds and great modelling. ;) All the best,Paul.

Oooooo! No that is a pretty Kitty, lovely jet and a classic scheme very nicely done.

Love your collection, is there 3 VF-31 jets in there? Love those and the Black Aces jet. The remainder of your collection is rather tasty too, some beautiful work on show here Dave, nice one.

Rgds,

Eng

Thanks for sharing this one, it was pleasant to see it come together.

I like your collection, with the exception of the scooter and the Harrier, they're all aircraft I am interested in.

Cheers folks!

Oooooo! No that is a pretty Kitty, lovely jet and a classic scheme very nicely done.

Love your collection, is there 3 VF-31 jets in there? Love those and the Black Aces jet. The remainder of your collection is rather tasty too, some beautiful work on show here Dave, nice one.

Rgds,

Eng

Cheers. Yes, 3 VF-31 Jets, all D models. Still have another D and an A model from VF-31 to add at some point.

Dave

• Like 1