Airfix (Heller) 1/72 Super Etendard

Hi all,

I've finished a few this year but this is the one I'm most pleased with. Airfix's recent Super Etendard re-box finished as a French Navy aircraft circa 1988.

The Model was brush painted using Humbrol Enamels and lots of thinners. I used a number 4 small round tipped brush and dabbed the paint on, working in a slightly darker shade and lots of thinners as I went. I'm aiming to get away from the traditional 'big flat brush with brush marks' look of my previous builds and get something a bit more interesting and varied like you see in airbrush finishes.

I know I should get an airbrush, but I like brush painting and trying to challange myself with what I can do with them.

The first two pictures are from my SLR - which is how I found out I had dust on my sensor!!!! :hanging: the rest are from my camera phone - so apologies for that, I am trying to get better at it.

IMG_0692_zpsgf82shbj.jpg

IMG_0693_zpscrycwl6c.jpg

Camera phone pics....

20160326_093851_zpsx4eqp1az.jpg

20160326_093903_zps1mmnagwm.jpg

20160326_093912_zpskgdjcad6.jpg

This kit was a bit of a pig to build - but I actually really enjoyed it.

Thanks for looking - now please feel free to rip it apart :whistle:

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by Sir T
  • Like 9

Nothing wrong with that Stuart and the brush painting looks very smooth to me? Great that you aren't just plodding along and settling for the old style of brush painting with visible brush marks and that you are actually pushing your boundaries by trying to improve the finish? It isn't always necessary to use an airbrush, not everybody can get along with using them, but no reason why you should if you don't like using them and besides, a finish can be just as good with a hairy stick if you do it right and take your time, as you have here?

Very well done!! :thumbsup::coolio:

Kev:)

Edited by Mr Modeller