Inter-war GB (5 to go)

JimmyZ

Hi all,

I don't know if this has been done before, or if this is the correct place to suggest this. There were many lovely aircraft operated in this period, and I thought an Inter-war GB would be something else.
Rules would be simple, if it took to the skies between (and including) 1919 and 1938 it is eligible (civil and military)

Are there any interest in this? Would also need a host to volunteer as I don't know if I can.

Cheers

Edit 2016-04-22

Rules changed to include other types (ships, automobiles, armor etc.) that was used between 1919 and 1938. Early 1939 is fine too.

I will host, though I've never done it before so a good co-host will be needed.

List of interest in the GB

1. JimmyZ (host)
2. wyverns
3. Black Knight
4. AndyC
5. Wez
6. Arniec
7. Pin
8. CliffB (co-host)
9. Richard B
10. Jb56rams
11. Banhoff
12. Caerbannog
13. Col.
14. Shermaniac

15. Mitch K

16. bubbasparksuk

17. JackG

18. Sgt.Squarehead

19. Prenton

20. Botan

21. Jaime (jrlx)

22. SleeperService

23. little-cars

24. Mach Turtle

25. Rob G

Edited by JimmyZ

Count me in!

The stash has a healthy balance of suitable types and if I am in a position, (i.e. a civilised country by then), to help out then yup too!

Christian, exiled to the armpit of the world

• Like 1

Count me in too please.

4 + years is a decent interval for a repeat GB

Enzo will keep you right about being a host. T'aint hard.

Anyways, two hosts will be needed.

First thing to do is keep a name list and count to get it up to the 30 participants needed.

We did this in 2012 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/410-interwar-group-build/ but I guess there no harm in putting forward a repeat!

What lovely types in there! And what a great era in aviation. Now I am even more motivated for it.

We did this in 2012 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/410-interwar-group-build/ but I guess there no harm in putting forward a repeat!

Does that mean you are in AndyC?

Count me in too please.

4 + years is a decent interval for a repeat GB

Enzo will keep you right about being a host. T'aint hard.

Anyways, two hosts will be needed.

First thing to do is keep a name list and count to get it up to the 30 participants needed.

Is there a minimum interval before a GB can be repeated? Either way, I'll maintain a list in the OP for now, and worry about the rest later. Suppose even if there is enough interest, we won't get a date before 2017.

And to get some ideas going, I have an AZ P-26 Peashooter and a SH F3F "Flying barrel" in the stash, though I've wanted to do a Boeing Stearman for a long time. If I can find a kit that will be my 1st choice.

Edited by JimmyZ

Whilst I'm an aircraft modeller myself and any participation would be of the silver wings variety, could this GB not be opened up to floaty and wheely/tracky things between 1919-39?

It would be more inclusive and open it up to more support.

• Like 2

Whilst I'm an aircraft modeller myself and any participation would be of the silver wings variety, could this GB not be opened up to floaty and wheely/tracky things between 1919-39?

It would be more inclusive and open it up to more support.

Hi Wez. Yes, I don't mind the non-winged/floating/rolling things (ships, automobiles, armor) at all and it would be welcome. As I am biased towards aircraft I usually don't think any further than that (my mistake)

Good idea Wez, I'll change the OP accordingly to include these.

Cheers

Jimmy

Hi Wez. Yes, I don't mind the non-winged/floating/rolling things (ships, automobiles, armor) at all and it would be welcome. As I am biased towards aircraft I usually don't think any further than that (my mistake)

Cheers

Jimmy

I only asked because the non-aircraft modellers always complain there are too many aircraft GB's, opening it up this way overcomes that.

Personally, I would enter an aircraft but I would be quite tempted by a Rolls-Royce Armoured Car...

Count me in BTW - oh! You have already, good oh!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1

I agree, opening up to all forms of land and sea targets would be inclusive of more genres and increase its chances of getting through.

the only problem now is ghat I have several armoured targets that would be permissible :hypnotised: What to choose!

• Like 1

Count me in as well. I have got a Gee Bee racer that I want to do.

Cheers,

That would be nice to see! :thumbsup:

I only asked because the non-aircraft modellers always complain there are too many aircraft GB's, opening it up this way overcomes that.

Personally, I would enter an aircraft but I would be quite tempted by a Rolls-Royce Armoured Car...

Count me in BTW - oh! You have already, good oh!

Yeah sorry that I assumed. I deduced from your post that you might be in :)

+1

Was about to suggest it myself but too late now :)

Damn, I should have waited... ;)

I agree, opening up to all forms of land and sea targets would be inclusive of more genres and increase its chances of getting through.

the only problem now is ghat I have several armoured targets that would be permissible :hypnotised: What to choose!

Choices choices. I have only 3 options currently and already I cannot decide.

I just realized that I also have a Bf-109 C/D in the stash. A Spanish Civil War version might be cool.

Count me in too please Jimmy - just about every kit in my stash qualifies!

I'd be happy to co-host too if required.

Cheers

Cliff

P.S. Please ignore what I'm currently building!

Count me in too please Jimmy - just about every kit in my stash qualifies!

I'd be happy to co-host too if required.

Cheers

Cliff

P.S. Please ignore what I'm currently building!

I believe you are now co-hosting Cliff, thanks!

Okay now I'm interested in your current build... :D

• Like 1

I believe you are now co-hosting Cliff, thanks!

Okay now I'm interested in your current build... :D

That's great Jimmy.

Sorry to disappoint, but there's nothing dramatic about my current builds (see my 'Signature' below), it's just that they rather contradict my claim to build mostly inter-war stuff. Such is the power of BritModeller Group Builds!

Cliff

• Like 2

I'm thinking of a 1/32 scale Lindberg Laird-Turner Meteor, or the new just relased Revell (ICM) Heinkel 70, or a Revell 1/48 Ryan NYP.

I just recently completed an AMT Stinson Reliant and a Lockheed Vega, an Italeri Ju 52, and a Travel-Air Mystery Ship,

Lots of good subjects available.

Edited by Richard B.
  • Like 2

Is there a minimum interval before a GB can be repeated? Either way, I'll maintain a list in the OP for now, and worry about the rest later. Suppose even if there is enough interest, we won't get a date before 2017.

I don't know the facts but it does seem that the GB co-ordinator likes as least a couple of years between repeat GBs

Mish would tell you for certain.

Now that you've changed the inclusiveness you can count me in twice more - I have ships and cars too for this period. :fool:

• Like 1

Put my name in the list as well please. There's half a dozen British biplanes in the stash that qualify for this one.

• Like 2