Thank you chaps,

so I'm going to make a diorama for this build as I think it will show it off better, I'm going to use one more figure

and a simple base.  This is the figure along with his bike that I'll use, its a great little kit in it's own right and should look great.

Apologies for the sprue shot, I took it with a phone camera but you get the idea, the included PE parts are excellent.

IMG_0953_zpsvnekhfyx.jpg

IMG_0957_zpsr5nhgysa.jpg

more later

Dan

• Like 8

I don't think I'd have fancied that job. :fraidnot:  I mean, the extra weight of those Panzerfausts would screw up the weighting of the bike & wheelies would be impossible! :hmmm: Oh, and a kid on a bike against a tank.  Not good odds :suicide:

• Like 2

The bike will be a nice touch Dan. When the Germans were booted out of Holland they stole just about anything that could be used as transport to get back to the "Heimat", including huge numbers of bicycles. The Dutch still make jokes to German tourists about when they intend to return the stolen bikes. When I was building my Italeri E-boat quite a few years ago I decided that any "True Aryan Sailors" worth their salt wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation of commandeering a Dutch bicycle for transport to and from the local pub, so I duly added an old rusty bicycle to the ship's inventory:

DSCN4213.jpg

Got me some mixed reactions from our "Eastern neighbors".

(Wow, the old girl needs dusting and I'm not talking about Mrs. Gremlin56 :rolleyes:)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Wogga said:

Pointless bicycle fact here, Miele the top class German manufacturer of home appliances made bikes for the Wermacht in WWII. Told you it was pointless.

Try telling that to the Dutch :D

• Like 2

Lovely work on the crew Dan. Black is one of the hardest colours to shade and highlight effectively.

looking forward to what you do with the bike, based on what you've already done with PE on this build I'm looking for individual links in the chain and separate brake blocks! 😀

Al

Edited by Engineer66
  • Like 1

Great tutorial on the figures Dan trying to copy some of this over onto my few figures for the LWS not sure I will get the same results but at least if gives me something to practice on.

Beefy

• Like 1

That's looking nice Dan, although I must confess to knowing the square root of damn all about WW2 armour.

Chieftains is a great read, sadly I leant my copy to an OTC freind at Uni and he never gave it back the bugger! He did become an Officer in the RTR though so I suppose it served him well. :)

Strangely enough both Chieftains as well as Team Yankee (which IMHO is the only good book that Harold Coyle wrote) are based upon General Sir John Hackett's scenario 'The Third World War' (which itself as well as its sequel 'The Third World War The Untold Story is a brilliant read).

Chieftains is currently available on Kindle: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chieftains-Bob-Forrest-Webb-ebook/dp/B006ISI2DK

As is Team Yankee: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Team-Yankee-Novel-World-War-ebook/dp/B00YWE3YGM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1477920005&sr=1-1&keywords=team+yankee

• Like 3

What can one say, but' spiffing what'!!!!.

Nice work Dan and looking forward to the stolen Dutch bike!!!:D

Seeing the Germans and other nations carried all sorts on bikes, why not panzerfausts too.

foxy B)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...