1/72 - Douglas AD-5W Skyraider by Skale Wings - released - new boxing with wings folding set

Homebee

Bogdan,

Thanks for keeping us updated with what appears to be a test build from Greenmats. Whomever the builder is appears to have hilighted some issues with the fin fillet and the under nose detail. Sorry I can't read the language but could you please summarise what the builder has said in the photo circled post. Also most of the time the AD-5W's seemed to fly with at least one wing tank (I believe some times in an effort to offset engine torque and definitely to extend endurance) are there any drop tanks in the kit?

Dear residents of the forum! My name is Andrew, I'm modeller and is associated with Ukrop Models. Sorry s mistakes, but there is a problem with the English language.
Skayreyder glued Bogdan but he is injured and I will paint.
On greenmats wrote that wrong fin, cocpit, radar radome, sketches for the catapult. Fin and cocpit - look bad on the photo, but the good in life. Radar radome there are many different forms, and we have made the top flat

18618149638_71107734dc_o.thumb.jpg.76822

Edited by Andrevell
  • Like 1

Thank you, for the additional tanks are in the set. I tell about hooks - will be the next set of detailing with folded wings, pylons, new caps Landing gears and wheels. I do not know is needed the open flap, and I want to know your opinion?

Edited by Andrevell
  • Like 1

Thank you, for the additional tanks are in the set. I tell about hooks - will be the next set of detailing with folded wings, pylons, new caps Landing gears and wheels. I do not know is needed the open flap, and I want to know your opinion?

Hello Andrew

First, good luck with your kit. If I can purchase it easily in the EU I will certainly be a customer.

I think open wing flaps are not necessary on this kit. The Skyraider was very rarely seen with wing flaps lowered on the ground. However, it would be good to include closed engine nose flaps. They were often closed on parked aircraft.

AD+Nose+Flaps.jpg

• Like 2

However, it would be good to include closed engine nose flaps. They were often closed on parked aircraft.

The kit comes with closed cowl flaps, they can be seen in the sprue shots linked to in the first post. Perhaps Andrew was asking about open cowl flaps, not lowered wing flaps? If so, open cowl flaps would be nice, but on a Navy aircraft I believe they were only seen open when the engine was running.

• Like 1

Thanks for answers. I wrote about the wing flaps. In a set with folded wings I can add a separate flap. The set will be released in the autumn, when modelers want, it will flap

Edited by Andrevell

Hello Andrew

First, good luck with your kit. If I can purchase it easily in the EU I will certainly be a customer.

I think open wing flaps are not necessary on this kit. The Skyraider was very rarely seen with wing flaps lowered on the ground. However, it would be good to include closed engine nose flaps. They were often closed on parked aircraft.

AD+Nose+Flaps.jpg

shutters are in the set, frame "D". They are open and released cooling flaps

Edited by Andrevell
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this one - alternate FAA Skyraider AEW anyone? :evil_laugh:

Plausible idea, could have a mixed delivery or delays to the Gannet AEW3, would be nice in the overall Sea Blue or even more so in the Sky with EDSG uppers !

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Andrevell,

1. Can we hope that in production kits the canopy will be of better quality, compared to what we currently see on your photographs? (here and on the FB page that you're referring to)

2. Can we hope that in production kits the colour of the U.S. National Insignia will be Insignia Blue, as prescribed?

I must say that what I currently see on your photographs (here and on the FB page) looks way too light to me.

Edited by ShadowRaider