USS Independence LCS ( Modern 1/350 Trumpeter )

Small update slow process this adding railing lark will have to try and straighten some of them up when I feel confident they are set in place

IMG_3185_zpsxe45mp96.jpg

IMG_3183_zps20xd64yr.jpg

IMG_3182_zpsdiz2tzwz.jpg

Beefy

• Like 7

Hi Beefy

Those are really fine railings.... looking good. Is the Gator glue easy to use? I'm using CA as it grabs quicker than I can drop it or have it ping into the wild blue yonder.

Cheers

Guy

• 2 months later...

Guy sorry about the late reply but I have been busy with another project so this one took second place.

The gator glue is easy to use and helps with getting the PE in place as you can play around with it that is why I needed to use the rule as a weight to keep the rails in place HTH

Anyway now my son and his girlfriend are settled into their little nest and all my DIY jobs are done it is time to get back on with this build

Starting to make the sea base up also opted out of using the kit decals for the bridge windows and used a fine tip marker to fill them in.

IMG_3452_zps1thujwlo.jpg

IMG_3453_zps577ikho2.jpg

IMG_3454_zpsvmz8kgxt.jpg

Beefy

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KAYELL said:

Hi Beefy

About time you got this one based up, to add to the superb build.

I now need to go to the local B&Q to see if there is any silicon sealant left!!!:D

Cheers

Keith

You will find loads left mate not using any on this build trying something new thanks to a link from Chewit

Beefy

Small update added a couple of layers of tissue paper to form the base when this was dry I added a layer of Making Waves to seal off the tissue and give a solid finish to the base before setting the ship into the sea scape I test fitted before using PVA to glue it in

IMG_3458_zpsu8f45yr4.jpg

IMG_3459_zpsku5sbymc.jpg

Beefy

• Like 5

Small update first coat of paint on the base using Tamiya Blues and Greens then it was a case of setting the ship in place and leave to dry for a couple of days

IMG_3460_zpswcxkt6xk.jpg

Beefy

• Like 5

Small update I have dry brushed the white around the hull and the wake at the stern not wanting to make it look like the ship is going hell for leather trying to keep it subtle which is a first for me  :whistle:

Next up the rest of the railing and aerial to attach and the helicopters for the flight deck

IMG_3465_zpssludfnlj.jpg

IMG_3464_zpsjpggrqwg.jpg

IMG_3462_zpsmfvz8sjo.jpg

• Like 8

Wow,your seascape really sets the model off!I have never attempted water myself but have a 1/700 Shinano in my stash ( along with the Five star models bonkers detail up set) that is crying out to be depicted amongst waves.

Kind Regards

Nigel

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, BeeKay said:

That change of water effect has really worked on this one mate. Keith/subtle hmm....aye it can work.......:rolleyes:

By subtle I did mean the look of the water not my hammer and tongs way of things  :bangin:

Beefy

• Like 1

Thanks for all the encouraging words lads  :blink:

very small up date working on the helicopters cheating with the glazing using a Sharpie pen for this  :whistle:

IMG_3471_zpszpmoim2t.jpg

Beefy

• Like 3

On 12/8/2016 at 0:38 PM, BeeKay said:

I bet you've got double magnifiers on the with these little choppers :blink:

Not double but treble to see these things good job that new camera lens works  :blink:

Choppers all done now

IMG_3472_zpsmsvc7fco.jpg

IMG_3473_zpsjortutfx.jpg

Beefy

• Like 4