Hawker Woodcock - Interior details

Al Gunthwaite

Hi Folks

Can anyone assist with cockpit details for the Woodcock? Particularly the layout of the instrument panel. I have the obvious references: Alfred Grainger Data Plan (unlike others in the series there is no illustration of the instrument panel), Munson's On Silver Wings and the Putnam Hawker Aircraft since 1920 (plus a few less obvious publications). Searching on-line has produced no joy.

Al

Have you tried "Flight"'s online archive? The search engine is a bit unwieldy, but there's often drawings of new types in service, showing construction details that don't show well in their photos.https://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/

Edited by malpaso
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked through my Hawker original photos but so far a dead end. Unless photographed in an uncovered state there are precious few photos of Woodcock and it's Gloster contemporaries cockpits. I remember Jet Age Museum had problems when they were building their Gamecock until a panel drawing surfaced.

John

Many thanks John. I have been slowly trying to go through the Flight Archive without any success. I was half hoping someone might be able to point me to a photo essay on the Danecock in the Flymuseum on the basis that might provide a guide.

Alyn

I don't think it would be too different to any of its contemporaries and that the silver wings kit should be quite acceptable. Unless it is believed to have been radically different I would accept what you have,after all if you have made the best that you can who is to say otherwise?

Thanks John.

Britman: If there's no evidence, I'm happy to go with conjecture (and the Silver Wings arrangement looks reasonable). However, for my own benefit I wanted to ask the question.

Al

• Like 1