Future Russian Strike Fighter

jalles

I've been working on this for a little over a year and I finally finished it, yeah! Of course it didn't turn out quite as I wanted it, but at least it's finally finished. Essentially it's a hypothetical replacement for the Su-34, maybe something that would enter service in the 2030-40 time frame.

Thoughts and critique are welcome.

frsf1.jpg

frsf2.jpg

frsf3.jpg

frsf4.jpg

frsf5.jpg

frsf6.jpg

frsf7.jpg

frsf9.jpg

frsf11.jpg

frsf13.jpg

frsf14.jpg

Jason

• Like 21

Thanks for the kind words guys! In regards to how it was made, it's a collection of kit and scratch built parts.

The base is Testors old 1/48 F-19. I cut the back off and scratch built the exhausts from sheet styrene and lots of filler. I reshaped the nose with more styrene and filler. The wings are from an old Dragon YF-22. I don't even remember buying one, but I found the wings in my spare parts bin. The vertical stabilizers are from a Dragon YF-23. The cockpit is from a 1/72 F-15E. I scratch built the weapons bay and front landing gear bay with sheet styrene. The air intake is vacuformed from a mold I made from, you guessed it, more filler and sheet styrene! The landing gear are from a 1/72 Italeri SU-34.

The hardest part was trying to get all of the pieces to blend in with each other.

• Like 2

Like it, really nice work, and convincing too. The intake arrangement is particularly neat. Unlike some kitbashes you see it doesn't look like a collection of spare parts!

cheers,

Jason

Excellent, you need to patent that design, as they say if it looks good it'll probably fly good, looks totally convincing to me :goodjob:

Although if we never hear from you again, probably closer to something the Russians have got planned and their thinking how they hell did he get those plans :ninja::winkgrin:

looks convincing, except splinter camo on the belly - should have been plain blue

Hey, don't look at me, blame the Russians. :)

800px-Sukhoi_T-50_in_2011.jpg

You're right though, it probably would have looked pretty nice with a blue belly.

Edited by jalles

Very very nice work, I love it!!!

Awesome post for basically your first post, great concept and the mod work is great plus the finish is superb.

I do hope you post some of your other builds here as well!

Jason

Stop hiding behind the nom de plume, we all know you are really Oleg Alexanderovich Shilov head of manufacturing advanced aircraft equipment at MiG Corporation and you are carrying out some dodgy intelligence operation to show the West what Russia has coming in the near future! I shall report you to Mr Putin immediately, be ready for the convoy of black Zils coming to take you to the Gulag.

DC

PS I think I might need to up the dose on my special tablets.....

PPS Stunning modelling, seamless integration of different manufacturers parts and a flawless finish too!

this is fantastic work! Great concept and really beautifully painted

I really hate to be a party pooper, but my one and only critique is the rear wheel wells don't look big enough to accept the double wheel system you have in place. Although that could also be the angle of the photo

But other than that - it's an awesome looking machine

Fantastic stuff

MH