Kitty Hawk's 1/48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

sharkmouth

As Laurent writes, the shape is a tube that is kinked in one place, not curved.

Perhaps this drawing (from scalemodels.ru discussion) from poster Skylark makes it clearer.

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/img_1346516_1487166408_1442791772_Su1709-20-2015-2---rrrrjos.jpg.html

As for Dio's post, yes, in 2017 with a kit costing 50+ Euros I do rightly expect much from the manufacturers. After all, they expect much of my money.

Vedran

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vesthepes said:

Not sure about the kit... Here's a few photos I took last month. Standing by the plane, the kink is very obvious...

The issue is the under fuselage concavity in the middle-rear fuselage, not the front-middle fuselage kink.

2uj1fkh.jpg

15 minutes ago, vesthepes said:

How do the belly pylons sit on the fuselage on this kit? Are they leaned downwards at the front because of the concave belly?

I hope someone else will answer as I've "fixed" both fuselage halves.

Still waiting on my kit... I don't mind some surgery... Yet, while I wait, the Modelsvit kits are becoming more tempting (even if in 72nd scale).

Regards,

Just now, sharkmouth said:

Yet, while I wait, the Modelsvit kits are becoming more tempting (even if in 72nd scale).

When Modelsvit will release the M4 people will build squadrons of them.

• Like 2

Easy peasy intake splitters that will help holding the centerbody also. Basic job as the splitters won't be very visible and that I doubt the centerbody shape is accurate in first place.

khSu17intakeSplittersFront.jpg

khSu17intakeSplittersSide.jpg

khSu17intakeSplittersISo.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

Easy peasy intake splitters that will help holding the centerbody also. Basic job as the splitters won't be very visible and that I doubt the centerbody shape is accurate in first place.

Hi Laurent ....

"Gâche-métier."

Do not take the bread out of the mouth of Zacto , Barracuda, Quickboost, Aires, Vector, Neomega, Wolfpack, .... will you ?

AFAIK, for the time being  I'll stay with my old KP + Cutting edge's collection of accessories I had bought at the time !

All those bucks I spent at the time for the low cost KP should now be used ! Why add 50+€ to my pain ?

I just hope that someone else will produce the " definitive" (Not in the Eduard sens of the term)  Su-17/22 family. ( Alloooo, Tonton ?, pourquoi tu tousses ?)

TAMIYA ?, ZACTO ? AMK ?  We can always dream.

Madcop. :worry:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, madcop said:

"Gâche-métier."

Do not take the bread out of the mouth of Zacto , Barracuda, Quickboost, Aires, Vector, Neomega, Wolfpack, .... will you ?

Hardly. I let masters creation and resin casting to others.

I just hope that someone else will produce the " definitive" (Not in the Eduard sens of the term)  Su-17/22 family. ( Alloooo, Tonton ?, pourquoi tu tousses ?)

TAMIYA ?, ZACTO ? AMK ?  We can always dream.

Well the scan made in Cottbus was done for a reason but there may be a long period of time between design and tooling phases.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Laurent said:

what happened? did KH not provide these parts? or were they wrongly shaped?

:puzzled:

Edited by Greg B
Repeated images removed

9 hours ago, madcop said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  :D  That's a *stupidly* simple part to design.  Though if I'm designing a replacement, I'd want to detail the range finder.

:analintruder: Monsieur Laurent!

Awesome job addin' 'em intake splitters to the nose cone! Ya gonna delete those fixation pins which originally came on each side of 'em cone?

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:12 AM, madcop said:

AFAIK, for the time being  I'll stay with my old KP + Cutting edge's collection of accessories I had bought at the time !

All those bucks I spent at the time for the low cost KP should now be used ! Why add 50+€ to my pain ?

This'd be the perfect time to be publishin' both yer KP kit along with 'em all Cutting Edge bits for it, methinks. The Kitty Hawk kit is a helluva lot better kit than it's the KP kit plus all of 'em aftermarkets ya might graft onto it. Just the right thickness of 'em wings on the Kitty Hawk kit - compared to the KP one - is worth every quid ya pay. 

• Like 1

:lol: I know me should, but give it a lil' time; me's real unable to. It seems to be quite an embedded style on both my written' 'n' spoken English. Blame it on all those sweet years me's spent in beautiful Aussieland. Me's so sorry. Yeh, me real is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Really need to hold off on this until the Hobbyboss kit drops. I know I said I would get this no matter what Kitty Hawk produced, but the HB coming so soon afterwards makes it little more complicated! I'm a little put off by the multi-part fuselage. The rest of the kit I can deal with and, for the most part, aside for the fuselage is all seems to go together rather well. Alas...let's see what HB pull out of the bag.

Edited by Sobby_23

Yeh, me's been lurkin' on 'em Ruskie thread - Google translator nay help too much :hmmm: - but me was appalled upon watchin' this comparison here; is "they're" 'em Hobby Boss kit fuselage the one which is on top...?

1489689950_DSC_1086_zpsc5kcaxd6.jpg

Ruskie blokes affirm that HB have botched 'em forward fuselage 'n' canopy; it just look like 'em OEZ one? :blink: Me thought to have noticed that the new HB kit looked sorta like 'em OEZ in that aspect. Yeh, me did.

Well, thank Gawd me's purchased 'em KH kit instead!

Yeh, me is.   

Cheers 'em

drUnc2

Edited by Uncle Uncool
Piccy nay showin' on 'em thread.
  • Like 1