Kitty Hawk's 1/48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

sharkmouth

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:04 AM, harvy5 said:

I waited to HB. From  KH tkit ry for 3 week make Su-17,but only bug fix.

Meanin' that ya've bought 'em Kristy Hawkes kit?

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

HAD sets on pre-order.

- ref. 148019 - Su-17/22 Mach-cone for Kitty Hawk kit 1:48

Me's already ordered mein bit! :frantic:Wow, it was 16 quid for such a small fix! Will charge it to my sheila's card, methinks. :lol: She should ne'er find out.

Yeh, she shouldn't.

Cheers,

Unc2 

:analintruder: Noooiiiceee...!!!

Say, is me 'em only one purchasin' "they're" bits for ye Bitchy Hawkes kit? Me wonders. Whut 'bout Señor Laurent?

It'll be necessary to devise some sorta internal trunks to follow 'em new resin shock cone bit if die suck-in doors are to be open, methinks.

Yeh, me does. Uh-huh...

Cheers,

Unc2

On 12/04/2017 at 0:15 PM, Homebee said:

Went to pre order tonight but my calculations work the part out alone as £32 and that's a pre order discount and not including P&P, think I'll wait for the HAD part!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Muzz said:

think I'll wait for the HAD part!

Hi, Muzz! :bye:

Yeh, ye must pre-order right now. As of April the 11th, I received 'em followin' e-mail confirmation from HAD concernin' my pre-order:

Comment:
"Thanks, Ignacio, the shipping about after 2 weeks, with thanks, Ferenc Szegedi"

As previously stated, my bit has got a long way down from Hungary to Argieland, 'n' overall price was just £16. P&P oughta be a lot less for ye in Britain.

Cheers,

Unc2 

• Like 1

got mine today :):)

I am quite impressed be the weapons set with a kit included ;)

jokes apart, the weapons look very complete, nice and detailed! not that they all'd be necessary though...

the plane also looks nice :) maybe HAD's intake cone/ splitter and some alternative decals :) Syria maybe ??

got mine today :):)

jokes apart, the weapons look very complete, nice and detailed! not that they all'd be necessary though...

the plane also looks nice :) maybe HAD's intake cone/ splitter and some alternative decals :) Syria maybe ??

19 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Bwahahahahahaha...!!! :lol:

Hi, Werner, my mate!

Yeh, such a large amount of armament; some 'em will come in handy for my Su-24 kit, especially all 'em bombs (as tho the Trumpy Fencer weren't yet another set of weapons with a kit included). Those BetAB 500 bombs look so sexy!

18 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Uh-huh... The intake shock cone is a must. Me's not yet made up my mind whether it's goin' to be an Ucranian bird or nay, but soma alternative German markings would be noooiiiceee...

18 minutes ago, exdraken said:

-double post.... :(

:blink2: Triple post! Mate, whut are ya havin'...? :bleh: 

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:08 PM, Homebee said:

We are molded the first mach-cone part. After small adjustments to fit nicely to the Kit.

:blink: Whoa!

HAD%20Splitter%20Plate_zpsxxquqomz.jpg

It's gonna be necessary to devise some kinda intake trunkin' at the end of 'em resin replacement splitters, as both 'em nose landin' gear bay 'n' cockpit tub will be seen when peepin' 'em nose head-on, methinks... :hmmm:'N' whut with 'em suck-in doors on "they're" side of 'em nose? Those will be seen as well if open 'n' not taken care of.

111 more posts 'n' me will become demonic!

Cheers,

drUnc2 ('em German dark lagers have finally done 'em work on me. Too creamy or is it me?).

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink: Whoa!

HAD%20Splitter%20Plate_zpsxxquqomz.jpg

It's gonna be necessary to devise some kinda intake trunkin' at the end of 'em resin replacement splitters, as both 'em nose landin' gear bay 'n' cockpit tub will be seen when peepin' 'em nose head-on, methinks... :hmmm:'N' whut with 'em suck-in doors on "they're" side of 'em nose? Those will be seen as well if open 'n' not taken care of.

111 more posts 'n' me will become demonic!

Cheers,

drUnc2 ('em German dark lagers have finally done 'em work on me. Too creamy or is it me?).

Shouldn't you have a hook for a hand?

9 hours ago, peterburns said:

Shouldn't you have a hook for a hand?

:rofl: Yes, indeed! Oh, but never mind; as of yesterday, I was told by the mods that my quasi-pirate sort of English will no longer be tolerated on this forum.

Irritating the members for almost 8 years on this awesome forum ought to be enough.

Couldn't help but feel identified with this scene on Dodgeball... :crying:

• 2 weeks later...

HAD Models shock cone released! Had an email this morning to say my pre ordered resin replacement shock cone has been dispatched.👍

2 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Cybermodeler has their own build log. It seems to go together rather well for them apart from the known fuselage caveats.

Same experience. Think before you glue and it goes together without problem. Now just waiting the HAD resin mach cone to close the fuselage. 

Use your brain, forge your own experience, make your own judgement and don't be influenced by your prejudices and all what's written here and there about the KH kits.

Su17_3.jpg

SU17_4.jpg

Su17_2.jpg

SU22_1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

It go's together well that way, but still some awkward seam clean up to do.I know people will say 'but that's modelling'.

But I'd personally rather not do it just because Kittyhawk thought stuff the modellers this is easier for us

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, Homebee said:

Same experience. Think before you glue and it goes together without problem. Now just waiting the HAD resin mach cone to close the fuselage. 

Use your brain, forge your own experience, make your own judgement and don't be influenced by your prejudices and all what's written here and there about the KH kits.

Su17_3.jpg

SU17_4.jpg

Su17_2.jpg

SU22_1.jpg

V.P.

Yes, well said, but,as you said, when using your grey stuff, (mine in this case, not very heavy I admit ! ) , it still looks more and more  like a very well shaped banana (Split).

But, anyway , modelling bananas is still modelling, isn't it ? Just wondering if the KH plastic has got the flavour ?

Very nice effort and as long as you get pleasure and satisfaction out of it ... that's what counts at the end.

Madcop; :D

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, madcop said:

Just wondering if the KH plastic has got the flavour?

Well, I've given my Kitty Hawk shock cone surplus part - now that I've acquired the new HAD resin correction one - an abundant layer of mornay sauce with a good sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese, which I next baked for aprox. 15 minutes on medium heat, and it all still tasted of molten styrene with a twist of an Oriental-scented release agent stuff. :eat:

Awful!  

Have you noticed the missing racks in the kit? For the KKR version it's OK, but for other variants, missing two racks!  Racks D1 and D2 are for pylons D73,72,34 and 35. :wall:

A really high-quality model!!!! :suicide: