Kitty Hawk's 1/48th Scale Su-22M-3 & M-4

sharkmouth

2 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Much more gentlemanly and less Gordon Ramsay-esque, indeed...

Thanks.

Hi Sabastien

I just hope that Spencer will have the nerve to stay this "gentleman" during the build  with the camera on !

I think his "preambule" means a lot more than what we actually hear.

Let see now now how he will react when assembling the kit and fighting with the fitting of these beautifully looking parts.

Anyway I can't imagine him loosing his temper just for a box of plastic runners.

Looks like he is tempted by skipping the difficulties ( correcting the undercarriage position, air intake arrangement and lower central fuselage ) and concentrate on the making up  of the OOB model...we'll see...

I am quite sure that with his talent all these points won't be that visible. But as a modeller I still prefer the way Laurent's has chosen.

The fun is where we want him to be !

Madcop

On 17/03/2017 at 2:36 PM, Laurent said:

KP is a bad kit and a bad model (front fuselage profile) but it's cheap.

KH is an acceptable kit (good actually if you're used to dry-fitting and preparing parts) and an acceptable model (under fuselage profile issue can be fixed or even ignored as it won't be visible once the kit is built).

Sry but I have to disagree with you. KP is not too bad model and KH need to fix a lot of inaccuracies. For some time I worked with Su-22M-4 so I know a bit assess. On Sunday I started to build KH and I am very disappointed

16 minutes ago, harvy5 said:

Sry but I have to disagree with you. KP is not too bad model and KH need to fix a lot of inaccuracies. For some time I worked with Su-22M-4 so I know a bit assess. 

Well I'll stand my point. I prefer what's at the bottom than what's at the top in...

1489689950_DSC_1086_zpsc5kcaxd6.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, Laurent said:

Well I'll stand my point. I prefer what's at the bottom than what's at the top in...

1489689950_DSC_1086_zpsc5kcaxd6.jpg

Well, y'know me respects harvy5 for bein' a clever model builder; have seen soma his builds 'n' he knows the ropes. The only thing me could think of ye old KoPro kit - compared to 'em new Kitty Hawk - would be that 'em former would only come very useful in order to fix that lower central fuselage issue on 'em latter, but just that.

Still haven't tried to see whether - or how - that part would be grafted onto 'em newer kit, but it might as well work, methinks.

Then again, I also know that :analintruder:Monsieur Laurent! has always been well aware of all of 'em inaccuracies 'bout the nose, windshield, cannopy 'n' spine on the Smer/KoPro Su-22 kit. Me agrees that he is darn right with regard to the old Smer kit bein' awful on that department. Difference is plain for all to see on the above piccie, I mean.

Yeh, me does.

@ Harvy5: Whut aspects on 'em KH kit have ya been very disappointed 'bout? Could ya please elaborate on whut the undercarriage position needs to be corrected?

Cheers,

Unc2  

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, Rui Silva said:

It seems we will have a splitter correction parts from Cold War Studios, see their FB page

Me didn't see anythin' regardin' 'em splitter correction part comin' from Cold War Studio; would ya confirm that one, Rui?

How 'bout 'em splitter part which comes with "they're" KoPro kit? Me's got it in 'em stash, but have got to wake up 'em Dragon 'n' take a cable car in order to fish it out.

Yeh, me has.

Cheers,

Unc2

Hi Uncle Uncool,

Cold War Studios in FB:

"It will be a replacement lower fuselage for the Kitty Hawk Su-22 in 1/48 scale. Splitter plate for the sock cone is in the works as well. Everything is sill WIP."

Cheers!

Looking forward to seeing what Stenka [Cold War Studio] finally comes up with for the KH Fitter. His stuff has got better and better with each release. The MiG-23BN correction set is superb value [21Euros] given what is included:resin, etch, canopies and a disc of high quality pics. Impressive. Hope the Fitter update is of similar value/quality.

On 29/03/2017 at 9:24 PM, Uncle Uncool said:

@ Harvy5: Whut aspects on 'em KH kit have ya been very disappointed 'bout? Could ya please elaborate on whut the undercarriage position needs to be corrected?

Cheers,

Unc2  

I am particularly disappointed processing technology. Visibly dividing the mold too much dents on the surface. Surface detail version M-3 or M-4 are both 30% OK. Bad minimum angle wings. Surfaces should be rescribing because when repairs will lose all the details. He needs a lot of correction sets, so its price will rise. Work as much as the old KP but for the same price I have 2xKP with correction sets.  If not mistaken, it is now 2017 and is already short runs are better made. In the mid-90th years, I'd say it's a great kit, but not today. I talked with colleagues who also worked on the Su-22 and have the same feelings.

38 minutes ago, Homebee said:

From Amigo Models - http://www.amigomodels.ru/

- ref. AMG 48022-1 - AL-21F exhaust nozzle Su-17M4

Source: https://www.amarket-model.ru/su-17m-reaktivnoe-soplo-dvigatelya-al-21f-dlya-sbornoy-modeli-kitty-hawk-148/

V.P.

That one looks promissing!

On ‎01‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, Rui Silva said:

"Splitter plate for the shock cone is in the works as well. Everything is still WIP."

Hi there, Rui! :bye:

Okay, many thanks, my bruh in Portugal. Incidentally, d'ya know whut the bassist's name in Oratory is? Rui Santos. :lol:

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:40 AM, azzaob said:

Looking forward to seeing what Stenka [Cold War Studio] finally comes up with for the KH Fitter. His stuff has got better and better with each release. The MiG-23BN correction set is superb value [21Euros] given what is included:resin, etch, canopies and a disc of high quality pics. Impressive. Hope the Fitter update is of similar value/quality.

True, true... Me's purchased "they're" 1/48 MiG-25PD nose correction set 'n' still couldn't do without it when turnin' in. Stenka's stuff is just awesome.

9 hours ago, Homebee said:

From Amigo Models

ref. AMG 48022-1 - AL-21F exhaust nozzle Su-17M4

Су-17М Реактивное сопло двигателя АЛ-21Ф для сборной модели Kitty Hawk 1/48

:shocked: Noooiiiceee! But me nay think I would need this one, as me's to chop off 'em kit engine in half; just usin' the bits from "they're" flame holder aft, like in this resin bit above. Thing which comes to mind: how's one eva s'possed to attach this bit to 'em aft fuselage part...? :hmmm: Thought I'd scratchbuild sorta a bulkhead in me case.

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

That one looks promissing!

Hi, Werner, my mate! :yahoo: Howdy, bruh?

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

And the expected  plug... Soon by HAD Models.

L’image contient peut-être : ciel et plein air

L’image contient peut-être : ciel et plein air

:blink2: Whoa! So many options for the plug, all of 'em sudden! This one looks superb! Which one's gonna be, me wonders...?

Cheers, fellas.

drUnc2 

P.S: Where's  :analintruder: Monsieur Laurent...!?

Ne'er mind 'em double post; three brews me already had prevented me from seein' harvy's post, so me's got to answer it 'cause somehow me's unable to click on 'em "edit" link on me previous post. Sorry, but the nephew seems to hold alcohol better than 'em Uncle... :beer:

13 hours ago, harvy5 said:

needs a lot of correction sets, so its price will rise. Work as much as the old KP but for the same price I have 2xKP with correction sets. 

Too bad when recently released kits need a lota resin correction bits, but even when ya get two KoPro kits by that Price, ya won't be able to correct the whole forward fuselage section on that kit, although ya melted it down completely 'n' then rebuilt it from scratch.

Realised 'bout 'em issue in that kit nay 'til  :analintruder: Monsieur Laurent! pointed it out to me by makin' a comparison to Armin's build. If me recalls correctly, that was while he was buildin' the Italeri kit; here:

Italeri%20Su22M4%20Long%20In%20Tooth_zps

Realised that 'em KP kit was kaput before startin' buildin' it. So this is whut me likes most 'bout 'em new Kitty Hawk kit, even tho it ain't a perfect kit.

Well, nephew brought me 'em fourth brew now...?

Cheers,

drUnc2 

9 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Too bad when recently released kits need a lota resin correction bits, but even when ya get two KoPro kits by that Price, ya won't be able to correct the whole forward fuselage section on that kit, although ya melted it down completely 'n' then rebuilt it from scratch.

According to drawings, which I have from the Russian author's forward fuselage KP is OK, and KH has a bottom section of the nose bad. KP problem is bad angle of the windscreen. Look here

Sry but nowadays I expect a good kit. When KP just add some details but at the KH must first remove and then add :D:D

A bug in camouflage and assembly instructions ... just two examples, camo blue 07, the right side was really empty? The second pair of ASO-2V over engine was really symmetric? Sry but this model is simply very bad

14 hours ago, harvy5 said:

According to drawings, which I have from the Russian author's forward fuselage KP is OK, and KH has a bottom section of the nose bad. KP problem is bad angle of the windscreen.

Sorry but nowadays I expect a good kit. When KP just add some details but at the KH must first remove and then add :D:D

Harv, me's taken a good look to both yer 'n' Werner's build threads; there's sumthin' on 'em KoPro forward fuselage, windshield 'n' canopy which looks wrong to me. It's kinda  a shape issue that gives 'em KoPro kit a "truckish" look on its forward fuselage to an otherwise elegant shape which me sees it present on 'em real thing 'n' Pity Hawk kit.

Also, mind ye, there's nay way one could eva trust scale drawings on any specific subject. Gone the wrong way 'bout that myself more times than me likes to remember.

Wing thickness is also an ugly MoFo on 'em KoPro kit, compared to the new Kitty Hawk kit.

I ain't wholly happy 'bout the Shitty Hawk kit; I hate to have to buy aftermarkets to correct such a recently released kit, but then again, I can hardly remember a kit that I've built that didn't need the purchase of a certain resin bit in order to be made better. Howeva, concernin' to 'em looks of the forward fuselage-windshield-canopy area, me's very happy with 'em Pretty Hawk kit.

14 hours ago, harvy5 said:

A bug in camouflage and assembly instructions ... just two examples, camo blue 07, the right side was really empty? The second pair of ASO-2V over engine was really symmetric? Sry but this model is simply very bad

Agreed; the paintin' instruction sheet on 'em Quickie Hawk kit should rotten in hell! It's teemin' with horrors of all sorts. Soma the birds show camo paint on "they're" exhaust shrouds on one side 'n' burnt metal on 'em other. :hmmm: Call M4 to an evident M3 variant 'n' an SPPU-22 to 'em KKR-1 reccon pod 'n' one other armament me can't recall.

8 hours ago, Laurent said:

Here.

flg1.jpg

:analintruder: Monsieur Laurent!

Gonna glue 'em nose landin' gear strut ala Doogie or are ya gonna glue it on this step?

Lookin' good, my mate.

Cheers,

Unc2    

I waited to HB. From  KH tkit ry for 3 week make Su-17,but only bug fix. My problem is that for several years I had a this plane every day side by side with me Su-25t.And I was also in the group ... But that does not belong to net :D:D:D

HAD sets on pre-order.

- ref. 148019 - Su-17/22 Mach-cone for Kitty Hawk kit 1:48

Source: http://www.hadmodels.com/mugyanta_termekek_58/repulogepek_59/148_77/148019_su-1722_mach-kup_kitty_hawk_kmaketthez_148_elorendelheto_1632

148019 Su-17/22 Mach-cone for Kitty Hawk kit  1:48 Preorder!

- ref. 248002 - Su-17/22 Wheel set for Kitty Hawk kit 1:48

Source: http://www.hadmodels.com/mugyanta_termekek_58/repulogepek_59/148_77/248002_su-1722_kerek_szett_kitty_hawk_maketthez_148_elorendelheto_1633

248002 Su-17/22 Wheel set for Kitty Hawk kit 1:48 Preorder

V.P.

Edited by Homebee