Williams Bros C-46 JASDF Markings

hi all,

I've just finished this 1/72 William Bros C-46D as a commission following a fun trip to Japan where the inspiration was gained.

The kit is okay, but i rescribed all the panels (a first for me), scratchbuilt the wheel well detail, added some brass details, metal undercarriage legs, resin engines and props along with decals from S&M Models (okay but a bit fragile and didn't sink in to the detail). All in all, a bit of a challenge, but it got there in the end.

The finish is mostly Alclad over black and grey primer panels to give different sheens.

Hope you like it

Andy

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-7_zpst7fahk3b.j

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-10_zps3ddqiodf.

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-1_zpsuqzqpm17.j

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-3_zpsrlbiyylh.j

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-6_zpsljrw72dz.j

C-46-JASDF-Williams-Bros-2_zpsf1fn8xua.j

• Like 44

Hi Andy:

Congratulations for this clean and nice build you have done here!!!

For sure as I have seen, you have put a new lease of life in this old friend as this one looks resplendent.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

hi Trojan Thunder,

the kit isn't that hard to make but it does need the resin, brass and metal additions to make it far more detailed. Rescribing was hard effort for me but i learnt a lot. It isn't necessary if you are happy with rubbed away panel lines.

Make sure you fit each windscreen half individually and support the fuselage joints as they can split open easily.

Andy

• Like 2

Nice to see this kit of a much understated workhorse- eclipsed by the C47,yet in many ways it's equal. I'm not sure, but there may still examples operating in Latin America- where they were used to transport meat.

Back to the model- it looks stunning!I wish I'd bought one many years ago, but you have done it justice, well done 👍👍

hi Trojan Thunder,

the kit isn't that hard to make but it does need the resin, brass and metal additions to make it far more detailed. Rescribing was hard effort for me but i learnt a lot. It isn't necessary if you are happy with rubbed away panel lines.

Make sure you fit each windscreen half individually and support the fuselage joints as they can split open easily.

Andy

Thanks for the tips Andy

Oh I just love the C-46. My father flew them. Thanks for bringing it back!

And yes, could we please have a new mould one? I can live without a (another) new tool Me109, Fw190 or Spitfire. We'll survive.

• Like 1

If memory serves me this was an excellent kit and I owned one at one time but... I think it deserves better threatment form modellers but as it it didn't preceed the C-47 that won't happen. What pitty! Your model looks superb, thanks for sharing your pics.

Colin

thanks again for all the nice comments.

I forgot to add in the original blurb that i also scratchbuilt the open cooling flaps under each engine, which was far easier than i thought it would be even though they have about 13 pieces of small plastic each!

Andy