1/72 Bulgarian Frogfoot +++ FINISHED +++

A quick post, primarily to say that I'm off on hols today so probably won't be around on the Forum for a couple of weeks :bye: .

Just for the record, here's how things stand (I think it needs another coat of Hu 2 !). I'll be doing the wing tips after the camo is on.

P1090658_zpsbtm2vlsv.jpg

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This is moving along nicely Cliff, cant wait to see the camo

Thanks Skids. Your wait is over!

I'm back in harness now and managed to dedicate most of today to the Frogfoot.

First, I masked off the underside and this was such a chore that I then decided to spray the camo scheme freehand. The Bulgarian Rooks appear to be painted pretty casually so I felt on reasonably safe ground!

First the pale green (lightened Tamiya Flat Green XF-5).

P1090661_zpssvnjnptw.gif

Next the brown (Tamiya NATO Brown XF-68 - how ironic).

P1090663_zpsula8eymc.jpg

Then the dark green (Tamiya Black Green XF-27)

P1090665_zpshsydrelb.jpg

Both the brown and dark green have dried shiny in places (my fault), so look a little odd in the photos (the colours also look a bit dark in the last photo).

Next up will be the hand painting of some small details (e.g. dielectric panels), followed by glossing ready for decals etc.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4

Nice. Clear coat will pull it all together.

Cheers for the kick - Ive got a hand stuck nevermind a finger!

• Like 1

Thanks again guys for your comments/likes and I'm glad that you like the paintwork!

Today I got it finished :) (there are more photos in the Gallery)!

P1090669_zpsdghbgnci.jpg

The Linden Hill decals were a delight to use, even though there were only a few of them. The original kit decal sheet had dozens of stencil markings, but unfortunately all were unusable (possibly a blessing in disguise ;) ).

I know that the kit has a number of accuracy problems, but as a comparatively quick OOB build it's been nice and easy. Just what I needed!

Thanks to all of you who have supported the build and to those (especially RMP2), who have provided invaluable advice along the way. Thanks also to Rich and Col for hosting the GB :thumbsup2: .

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 6