AMK 1/48th MiG-31BM Foxhound

Many thanks to you all, really pleased you like it.

Super build General, I don't normally buy the mag's anymore, but I did make an exception when I saw this article.

Thanks Ant, that's great to hear, I hope I can tempt with some more along the same vein in the near future, the editor's keen to include a lot more Soviet stuff in the magazine as he's a great fan himself.

Rob, the Soviet era aircraft were generally superb, wild shapes, great speed and particularly in the case of the Foxhound, Backfire and Blackjack great capability..

• Like 1

Though I posted these before they are always worth another look. Superb footage of different Foxhound variants at Perm - Bolshoye Savino airport, (Sokol) in Perm-Krai, Russia...

Cracking vids Andy, thanks for re-posting the links, missed them before. Still seems strange seeing Mig 31's & 737's using the same runway!

And you have to love the scarecrows!!

keith

• Like 1

Thanks again chaps,

May be now you will finish your Tonka?))))))))))))))

You never know Igor......stranger things have happened :elephant:

Keef, the vids really are something else, undreamed of years ago. I saw Blue '374 fly at Farnborough in 1992, amazing power and stage presence, sounded like a Vulcan on take off though unlike the Vulcan it covered an awful lot of sky, (then again to be fair it wasn't designed to be agile).......and yes cheap old scarecrows seem to do the trick...

Thanks Ian, glad you like old fella..

Hi John, thanks for that,

How do you make them look so real.

I might well ask the same of you young sir :winkgrin:

Usual superlatives apply......Well - ok - usual superlatives plus just a teeny tad more cos it's extra special neat.....(gotta keep some verbal ammunition in hand for future General builds)

• Like 1

Thanks Steve, don't hold back....need this for when Lady M gets in from a hard day's slog down the local slate mine asking me just exactly what it is I've been doing all day long, why the arboretum hasn't been re-landscaped and the country pile repainted top to bottom !.....

Thanks Steve, don't hold back....need this for when Lady M gets in from a hard day's slog down the local slate mine asking me just exactly what it is I've been doing all day long, why the arboretum hasn't been re-landscaped and the country pile repainted top to bottom !.....

Don't look at me Andy. I think she's got a point there :) Isn't all that wot a chap's s'posed to do in retirement from 'real' work........(always best to side with the boss I find)

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

(always best to side with the boss I find)

I wholeheartedly concure....(can be fraught with danger though)... however a drive in the country in the faithful family charabang, a hearty, wallet emptying meal in a small but cosy riverside eatery and all is well with the world.........but then there's always tomorrow !

Thanks Dean, good to catch up at Cosford.....will you be attending the MK show this Sunday ?

Sadly not, mate. I'll be heading down to Plymouth again, so going completely in the wrong direction.

Keep your eyes open for an Airfix 1/24 P-51 Mustang kit for me - if you see one with the old blue nose boxing with the decals for "This is it!" grab it for me and I'll settle up with you...

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1