1/144 Ethiopian Airlines Airbus A350

Let me just start with a warning :

There's no cheatline !

Now we've got that out of the way.....

....Ethiopian Airlines are due to take delivery of their first Airbus A350 next month but I couldn't wait that long.

I finished off Revell's A350 with a mixture of F-dcal markings (FD144-684) and the kit's stencils :

uDd9HfU.jpg

i23NQ8w.jpg

F3ernOu.jpg

The standard 4x4 walkaround :

RqxFlGr.jpg

lc6JNoI.jpg

Uib7bGG.jpg

QQrGw3f.jpg

Of course, the "with something else" pic just had to be with one of the A350's predecessors :

wli0TmM.jpg

I'm afraid I really struggled with this kit and it took far too long to complete. (Having said that, I managed to drag mine over the finish line before Trojan Thunder did (Come on Ray ! We're still waiting to see your A350 in Finnair markings ! :fight: ))

Anyway, it's back to the bench now to continue work on yet another jet with no cheatline ! (This one has a story to it and a bit of a twist with the presentation, so stay tuned)

0kdfaJM.jpg

Thanks for looking.

mike

• Like 26

Looks great, is the Boeing in the same scale?!

Crikey, I hadnt realised how big the 350 is! Putting it next to the 707 really shows its size.

Fantastic modelling.

Thanks for the feedback.

Both kits are 1/144 and I have to admit to being a bit stunned at the size of the A350 as well. The engines are about the same diameter as the 720's fuselage, and to be fair to Revell, they did a really good job with the mouldings :

ET350eo.jpgET350ef.jpg

mike

• Like 3

Well done Mike for creating another beauty even without the preferred cheatline.

I hadn't realised that Ethiopian were buying the A359 as they are already operating some Dreamliners I believe

You have made a lovely job of this one as usual

All the best

Chris

• Like 1

Ha,I was going to ask about the scale! Big brute! Have built loads of these in 1/50 (travel agent type things) and they always did look big against even an A380, but never saw one relative to a classic type. Lummy.

Beautifully done, looks superb.😎

• Like 1

Wow! That looks great Mike, you have put me to shame.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When I finish mine I will have photograph it in a dark corner so you can't see all the finishing imperfections, etc :D

How did you do the spinner cone twirly wirly line thingy Mike? :D

• Like 1

ugly plane but I do like what you've done with it. As others before me have mentioned - the finish is brilliant! Great work

It's nice to see a few more airliners here

• Like 1

Let me just start with a warning :

No%20cheatline.jpg

Ahem, er, clearing of throat, scuffing of feet, Pardon?

Beautifully done Mike, in every aspect - just don't be encouraging this 'no cheatline' madness. Love the engines - it is a testament to the quality of your build that they can withstand such close up shots.

In a word, awesome!

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Top job on that one.The Ethiopian livery is very nice.

I personally find the A350 pretty ugly,mostly the nose section (who is responsible for the design at Airbus...? :bangin: )

But you did a great job in modelling and painting. :wow: ...i mean... :wow:

And the Boeing 720 is another stunner.

• Like 1