70's NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB Chat

A Shike packing USAFE Phantom is high on my list. I've got a thing for SEAD aircraft. :evil_laugh:

Though I may consider a USAFE F-100 for something different. I think it's ultimately going to come down to what I can find decals for.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

I know I will regret this!!!

I'm in with another Sukhoi (or may be something exotic), should have saved one of my Su-7s!

I'm tempted to bring along an Su-15 but the current batch of 1/48th ones all have issues of some sort, so maybe a Su-9 or 11........anyway it'll have a red star on it.

That's interesting, I'm the only one that seems to be building something from the evil empire.......as usual!

• Like 2

It will make a nice companion for your Greek one you've just done for the 80's NATO/WARPAC GB. You never know I might build another myself, though I am leaning towards a Phantom at the minute, probably USAF or Spanish.

Liking the idea of a Spanish F-4

A Shike packing USAFE Phantom is high on my list. I've got a thing SEAD aircraft. :evil_laugh:

Though I may consider a USAFE F-100 for something different. I think it's ultimately going to come down to what I can find decals for.

Either of those sound good but the F-100 has the edge of my interest.

I know I will regret this!!!

I'm in with another Sukhoi (or may be something exotic), should have saved one of my Su-7s!

I'm tempted to bring along an Su-15 but the current batch of 1/48th ones all have issues of some sort, so maybe a Su-9 or 11........anyway it'll have a red star on it.

That's interesting, I'm the only one that seems to be building something from the evil empire.......as usual!

Any, or indeed all, of these would be cool and what could you possibly come to regret about it :D Doubt you'll be the only one from Eastern Europe for long though Rich.

Speaking of which...

I contemplated a MiG-21.....but I'd hate for all my research to be for naught. :lol:

There's plenty of them in the 80's edition so the 70's round would look strange without some ;)

Well I do have a Harrier GR.1 in the wings....Maybe time to put my name down!

Good man! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well I could do a Su-7 as well, but I was more thinking of doing a BTR 60.

Cheers,

edit. I just thought that I mentioned before that I would be doing a Leopard 1 in the Dutch Army. Maybee I should do both?!

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

Well I could do a Su-7 as well, but I was more thinking of doing a BTR 60.

Cheers,

edit. I just thought that I mentioned before that I would be doing a Leopard 1 in the Dutch Army. Maybee I should do both?!

That would make an interesting pair.

• Like 1

That would make an interesting pair.

I have got a YP 408 8 wheeled APC from the Dutch army as well, But I will save that one for a non-injection molded II GB. Because that one is all resin and white metal.

• Like 1

I have got a YP 408 8 wheeled APC from the Dutch army as well, But I will save that one for a non-injection molded II GB. Because that one is all resin and white metal.

...8 GB's and growing! :D

• Like 1

...8 GB's and growing! :D

You must be sadistic! :tomato:

I've got 3 that I've committed to for this year...and fear I won't be able to finish them all. Fortunately the Gulf War Jag is nearing completion, so I'll be able to get one out of the way. Then need to finish the Vigi for a Naval Aircraft GB and a Dauntless for a Pearl Harbor GB. I couldn't imagine trying to manage 8. My hats off to you good sir. :cheers:

I wanted to get in on the '80s Cold War GB here...but timing just wasn't happening. Hopefully I can get in on the '70s one (if it passes). The Cold War era is the most intriguing time for me, especially from the height to the fall ('60s-early '90s). I've actually been watching a lot of the episodes from a Cold War documentary series on YouTube lately. :whistle:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had started a kit for the 80's GB but will not finish so have stopped putting up updates. I would be interested in this one too.

Have added you to the list Kev :thumbsup:

Add me to the list please, going through a jet phase so this will be perfect.

Jets (& turboprops) are where it's at! Especially the 1960s-1990s. :analintruder:

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 29/10/2016 at 10:10 AM, Mountain goat said:

I'd like to join too!

Jay

If this one gets through the vote you're more than welcome Jay. Any idea of what subject you'll choose?

34 minutes ago, Col. said:

If this one gets through the vote you're more than welcome Jay. Any idea of what subject you'll choose?

Thank you! Too many ideas I'm afraid! The ones going around in my head are: Soviet VVS 773.iap MiG-21bis, Bulgarian MiG-21F-13, 49th TFW F-4D (interesting because dual based at Holloman and Ramstein), or an F-104 from any random NATO country. Choices, choices!! :lol:

Jay

• Like 1

This one is now looking like a real possibility of going through to next year!!!!

Hmmm choices..... my Su-11 conversion kit (for the Oze Su-7) has finally arrived so I that's top choice at the moment. And yes I could just take the easy route and buy an Su11 kit, but where would the fun be in that!!!  Plus I have a 1/72nd Merit OSA 1 Missile Boat which would fit the bill perfectly as well......its box is currently taking up a large area of the stash so it'd be nice to move that one out!!!!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, trickyrich said:

This one is now looking like a real possibility of going through to next year!!!!

Hmmm choices..... my Su-11 conversion kit (for the Oze Su-7) has finally arrived so I that's top choice at the moment. And yes I could just take the easy route and buy an Su11 kit, but where would the fun be in that!!!  Plus I have a 1/72nd Merit OSA 1 Missile Boat which would fit the bill perfectly as well......its box is currently taking up a large area of the stash so it'd be nice to move that one out!!!!  

I hope so. The 80s edition was a lot of fun.

The Missile Boat would be great to see! There's not many ships feature in any GBs so it'd make a fantastic subject.

it would be fun to build, something completely outside my comfort zone!!

Just been looking over the Su-11 conversion kit....very nice, the resin is excellent, will be a fun conversion.

Will be a tough choice, though no chance of doing a double build, that OSA 1 model in huge!

• Like 2