Here is my entry for the build.

Belatedly I remembered I had the Profilepack Eduard Mig-21PF hidden away in the stash. One of the options is MiG-21PF - Serial Number 761008, Jagdfliegergeschwader 2, German Democratic Republic, Trollenhagen Air Base, Late 80s which I think fits the bill nicely.

ef2120aa-81f8-4226-81d8-72ebd78e4d90_zps

I will admit to being slightly awed by the amount of plastic but I have heard good things about the Eduard Mig-21s so will give it a go.

All comments very welcome.

Dave

• Like 3

A little bit more information about this aircraft:

East German air force received this MiG on May 1, 1965. The aircraft was flown by JG8, JG9 and finally by JG2. The aircraft was put out of service in 1988 and scrapped shortly afterwards despite a plan to sell it to Iran. This MiG became well know thanks to a propaganda movie. The fuselage number was changed to 'Red 1851' for filming. The Q-badge painted on the left side of the nose indicated that the ground personnel responsible for this aircraft were recognized for the high quality of their work.

Dave

Nice choice of subject Dave and thanks for posting the extra history behind it :thumbsup:

Cheers Col. On of the things I really like about Eduard is that they give you good background info (I.e. I can't take the credit it was in the box ;-))

Dave

It's great to see a GDR plane Dave :)

Cliff

Cheers Cliff. Never done a GDR machine before so looking forward to it.

Dave

I really like the simple camo scheme as well as the GDR markings.

Will keep an eye on this one too. :)

ps - Red Mk1s are a bit of fun eh?

Cheers my friend.

I hope it will be a fun build.

Unfort I sold my red Mk 1 years ago (worst car mistake of my like)...however off to look at a Mk1 Berkeley tomorrow which looks like fun. Am struggling to identify you car in the background....

I have the SMT version here, might squeeze it in - too many options in the stash to be honest, but theyre supposed to be a lovely kit so good luck with it.

The MX5 is the missus' the car behind is my Honda CRX, not many left now.

• Like 1