RAF code numbers, pre war....

Artie

Hi all...I'm looking for 1/48 scale decals to compose pre war RAF serial codes, both fuselage, tail and underwing...the kind of letters used on Furies, Gauntlets, etc....black and white...

Any idea out there..???

TIA and best regards...

Hi all...I'm looking for 1/48 scale decals to compose pre war RAF serial codes, both fuselage, tail and underwing...the kind of letters used on Furies, Gauntlets, etc....black and white...

Any idea out there..???

TIA and best regards...

Aeroclub used to do them IIRC, might be worth trying John Adams to see if any are still available?

Selwyn

Ventura has just released a sheet of 8 inch serial letters and numbers (K, J, N) in black and black with white outline (for aircraft with the pre August 1934 rudder stripes). The sheet reflects a variety of styles used. The sheet is V4898. I don't have any additional info on underwing serials.

Thank you very much for your input, Sirs.....

I think I'll try to lok for some suitatle transfer letter, Letraset or the like...the main problem here is the font size...

I'll look for Helvetia Medium, but need to know the size of:

-Fuselage and tail serials.

-Underwing serials.

Any help out there, Sirs??

TIA and best regards...

Modeldecal did 3 sheets in 1/72 covering a range of interwar sizes and styles (104-106). Think you would find the instructions to these (as ever with Modeldecal a mine of information) useful: drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a scan.

PS Short answer is 6", 8", 18", 20", 24" and 30".

One answer maybe printing your own. I've got some decal paper in preparation for such a project. Problem is, you're gonna be constricted by the quality of your printer. Most can pull off the normal block colours, Black, Blue etc. but may struggle with ones such as sky and unless you're very lucky, no chance of white! Something I'm trying to look in to myself...