Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

• 2 weeks later...

The kits now on Hannants with prices.

£36 for the Hasegawa B25, plus extras? Might have to get a couple of those..

Not sure the price for the Camel weekend edition is right, as its the same as the Profipack editions!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:34 AM, IT_Man said:

The kits now on Hannants with prices.

£36 for the Hasegawa B25, plus extras? Might have to get a couple of those..

Not sure the price for the Camel weekend edition is right, as its the same as the Profipack editions!

I've got that on back order but I've seen a few retailers have started their own pre orders for around £50-£55 which is £20 quid more than hannants prices. Someone has a price error somewhere

On 29/06/2022 at 21:41, thepureness said:

I've got that on back order but I've seen a few retailers have started their own pre orders for around £50-£55 which is £20 quid more than hannants prices. Someone has a price error somewhere

Yes I saw that, still put a pre-order in in case they do honour the price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2022 at 02:41, Julien said:

Yes I saw that, still put a pre-order in in case they do honour the price.

Note on Hannants listing for it: PLEASE NOTE WE ADVERTISED THIS KIT AT THE WRONG PRICE. IT HAS NOW BEEN CORRECTED. WRONG PRICE WILL BE HONOURED FOR RETAIL BACK ORDERS!

Nice if you have preordered!

• Like 1

Whatever happened to the Messerschmitts, Mr Sulc told us about in the dim and distant past!!!!!  The 109K and the G-12,  other series they are releasing have virtually all the sub types  catered for!!!! Very disappointed with Eduard 😡.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Note on Hannants listing for it: PLEASE NOTE WE ADVERTISED THIS KIT AT THE WRONG PRICE. IT HAS NOW BEEN CORRECTED. WRONG PRICE WILL BE HONOURED FOR RETAIL BACK ORDERS!

Nice if you have preordered!

I did nice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, andyh59 said:

Whatever happened to the Messerschmitts, Mr Sulc told us about in the dim and distant past!!!!!  The 109K and the G-12,  other series they are releasing have virtually all the sub types  catered for!!!! Very disappointed with Eduard 😡.

Better question is, whatever happened to anything that is not a WW2 prop plane subject or crop duster and / or a 1:72nd scale kit in general?🤣

4 hours ago, drake122 said:

Better question is, whatever happened to anything that is not a WW2 prop plane subject.....

Couldn't agree more, the poor, bedraggled WW2 horse has now been well and truly flogged to death several times over. What about a few decent kits of 1950s/1960s jets from Eduard done to its current standards for a change?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, hopkp said:

What about a few decent kits of 1950s/1960s jets from Eduard done to its current standards for a change?

Eduard releases the kind of kits that will sell well and allow them to make really good money.

In their 30+ years of existence they have produced thousands of aftermarket items and released hundreds of their own and reboxed kits from other manufacturers. They have a huge amount of data to analyse and a similarly great knowledge of the market and its real needs in a commercial context.

Does anyone really think they know better than Eduard what will bring them money?

Do you really think the managers of this company are such idiots that they produce WWII aircraft kits, even though they would have made much more money on jets from the 1950s and 1960s?

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, hopkp said:

Couldn't agree more, the poor, bedraggled WW2 horse has now been well and truly flogged to death several times over. What about a few decent kits of 1950s/1960s jets from Eduard done to its current standards for a change?

WWII hasn't been done to death but particular subjects have been (and those ones sell a lot more). At least other companies are coming out with some nice early jets.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hopkp said:

Yes!!!, we modelers have the right to.......oh wait, no we dont!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Eduard releases the kind of kits that will sell well and allow them to make really good money.

In their 30+ years of existence they have produced thousands of aftermarket items and released hundreds of their own and reboxed kits from other manufacturers. They have a huge amount of data to analyse and a similarly great knowledge of the market and its real needs in a commercial context.

Does anyone really think they know better than Eduard what will bring them money?

Do you really think the managers of this company are such idiots that they produce WWII aircraft kits, even though they would have made much more money on jets from the 1950s and 1960s?

Let's be honest here. Do you think other companies don't have similar amount of sales data to go through? All modelling companies are businesses and go for profit obviously. However, the modelling market is not only about WW2 planes. Eduard just does what they do because these planes sell relatively well on our local market, not to mention the cost and effort to produce them is much lower than for example a modern jet. So, while we know why Eduard has this company policy, we are not obliged to like it. Especially after they have advertised things in the past in other ariplane categories that they ultimately failed to deliver. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, hopkp said:

What about a few decent kits of 1950s/1960s jets from Eduard done to its current standards for a change?

Like their 1/72nd MiG-15s / 21s? ;)

Cheers,

Andrd

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hook said:

Like their 1/72nd MiG-15s / 21s? ;)

Cheers,

Andrd

Although both very nice kits I wouldn't say they are to their current standards. Their current standard to me is probably from the Spitfire Mk.IX on.

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Although both very nice kits I wouldn't say they are to their current standards. Their current standard to me is probably from the Spitfire Mk.IX on, which I think was there first fully riveted kit.

Eduard 1/72nd Spitfire came out in 2016, while their MiG-21 hails from 2018. So that would make the Fishbed the more modern tool.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2