Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

On 15/03/2022 at 14:32, czaralko said:

Wow Bf-109 derivatives in 1/72 starting to roll off the plastic production line!

Where did you see that? 

Good to see another issue of the 1/72 Spitfire IX - first they've done since the BFC issue in 2020, and I think 2019 was the last 'main' issue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

Where did you see that? 

Good to see another issue of the 1/72 Spitfire IX - first they've done since the BFC issue in 2020, and I think 2019 was the last 'main' issue

I didn’t see them either in the leaflets but https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-7460-spitfire-f-mkix--1407567 https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-tba-messerschmitt-bf-109g-f-and-later-k-series--1201738

Edited by PhantomBigStu

17 hours ago, Dave Fleming said:

Where did you see that? 

In the may newsletter, the Avia is the first one of the bunch, you cant see marking pictures yet but the sprues confirm it, maybe we will see a K variant very soon

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Eduard (finally!) come to making their long since announced Avia S-199 „Mezek“! Although not yet in my preferred scale 1/48, but a good sign for things to come anyway..😀 I can easily wait a couple of more months, since I got accustomed to waiting for „my“ Avia S-199 (and maybe even a CS-199 - well, I can dream..) since 2016 or so, when Eduard first kind of „announced“ a Mezek.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I don’t think the Camel Comic has ever been done in 1/48th. Certainly there’s never been an injection molded kit before.

Freightdog/Blue max did a conversion set for the older Eduard kit, but it's the first time I can recall in a 'normal' kit - we knew there were other versions as the kits issued so far have had 'A' and 'D' sprues - this gives us the 'C', suspect the 'B' is a 2F1

9 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I don’t think the Camel Comic has ever been done in 1/48th. Certainly there’s never been an injection molded kit before.

Like Dave said. But there was also a vac and white metal version (no decals) by CA Atkins.

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fine :

in August we will launch the first 1/48th scale Wildcat kits. It will be the F4F-3 version and we will release also accessories for this kit in several lines. Judging by the customer interest in this project, and the way the parts of this kit look so far, we can expect a home run!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wuger91 said:

Fine :

in August we will launch the first 1/48th scale Wildcat kits. It will be the F4F-3 version and we will release also accessories for this kit in several lines. Judging by the customer interest in this project, and the way the parts of this kit look so far, we can expect a home run!

I'm really looking forward to an Eduard standard 1/48 F4F-3 Wildcat.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 05:28, Wuger91 said:

Fine :

Are you able to say if the 1/48 109k-4 will be available this year? I’ve been waiting for that one for a while…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lala said:

Is there any chance to get Spitfire mk VI, VII in 1/48? Or Seafire?  Maybe in 2023?

If Eduard were planning a Spit VII in 1/48, you would think they would have released one by now; their late-Merlin Spitfire series has been available for quite some time. My recollection is that the Eduard kit does not include the solid rear cockpit bulkhead that was required for pressurisation, which the VII had but the VIII did not. Most if not all VIIs had the long-span pointed wingtips, the pointed broad-chord rudder and the cockpit pressurisation intake under the exhausts on the port side of the cowling. 
It shouldn’t be a very difficult conversion to get from an VIII to a VII using the Eduard kit. 

I would not be surprised to see Eduard do Seafires based on their Mk.Vb/Vc kit but it would require new fuselage halves and other parts that are not in the box. The later Seafires had external strengthening strips on the fuselage to make sure the fuselage didn’t come apart during arrested landings and, of course, they had the A-frame arrestor hook.

You could add the strengtheners out of thin sheet styrene and perhaps get the other needed bits out of the old Airfix 1/48 Seafire kit. Even with those bits removed, you could still build a Vc from that kit.

Thanks, you are right! I try to mate the Brengun Mk VII  conversation set to the Eduard's Mk VIII, and we can use SpecialHobby  Seafire Mk I and II's parts for conversation of the Eduard Spitfire Mk Vb and c. But the real solution will be the original Eduard.