Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

Most people don't read the introductions, and there is often quite important industry information there. For example, in several threads over the last couple of months the issue of price increases has been questioned, yet Eduard writes directly to distributors about it.

Unfortunately, the current situation in the supply of materials and components for production is so unstable that prices can change radically from one day to another and sometimes even several times per day. We have been fighting these difficulties really hard since the beginning of this year and, as you know, so far we have managed to keep our prices at a level corresponding to the 2020 price level, despite the significant increase in costs. Unfortunately, typically for Limited Edition kits, based on the components from other companies, maintaining the originally planned price is in some cases no longer possible. This is the situation which has now occurred with the Tornado ECR, and a very similar situation has occurred with Limited Series item LN001 USS Arizona 1/350. We have delayed the release of this item as well, and we are also forced to increase the selling price, as you can see in the February 2022 news price list. The reason for these changes is that these items are planned well in advance, basically one year ago. At the time these models were being defined, we off course didn‘t anticipate the price storm of this year. As I‘ve written before, we have maintained the original planned and announced price for most of the items released so far, even at the cost of our lower profit. But, unfortunately, we can no longer maintain the price for these two items. Once again, we apologize for this situation. We hope you will understand problems on our side as well as this extraordinary solution. We hope that we may continue to rely on your valued support.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Does Eduard releasing an A-4 seat mean Hase A-4 will repear?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-648718-a-4-ejection-seat--1391981

Hasegawa 1/48th Douglas A-4M Skyhawk kit - ref. PT33 - was re-released five months ago on August 4th, 2021...

http://www.hasegawa-model.co.jp/product/pt33/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Does Eduard releasing an A-4 seat mean Hase A-4 will repear?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/eduard-648718-a-4-ejection-seat--1391981

Eduard is finally releasing this to their Brassin line. It was originally included the the Limited Edition Scooter kit that was released in 2015. Other rare items they are releasing are for the SBD-5 Dauntless. That kit had Brassin tires, which included the land based tail wheel seen on the Banshee, and the twin 0.30 Caliber MGs and mount.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, andyh59 said:

Eduard Leaflet March 2022

Oh nice!, another 1/72nd MiG-15 profipack release with some nice schemes.

Hopefully this boxing (I quite fancy the early East german markings) and the UTI will be next, Eduards MiG-15's have been hard to get the last few years. 

Cheers,

Andre 

10 minutes ago, Corey in Colorado said:

I’m pretty excited about that Korean War F-51 boxing!!!

Unfortunately, not my scale, but I'm a bit envious of the 1/48 modellers. The choice of schemes is great and I don't know if you can limit yourself to just one. That South Korean one is really interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Unfortunately, not my scale, but I'm a bit envious of the 1/48 modellers. The choice of schemes is great and I don't know if you can limit yourself to just one. That South Korean one is really interesting.

I will probably be building multiple schemes from that kit, I especially like the RF’s.  I hope you 1/72 guys will see your version of these markings soon!  :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hook said:

Well, you could get this Academy boxing just for the decals:

https://www.scalemates.com/nl/kits/academy-2205-f-51d-mustang--107447

Cheers,

Andre

This boxing is 1/72 scale and not 1/48, so would definatly be interesting wrt applying the decals 😜

Joke aside, people may have various preferances for wanting a new boxed kit - me for one find the USAF options very attractive, less so on the South Korean and SAAF option. But that's me 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boman said:

Joke aside, people may have various preferances for wanting a new boxed kit - me for one find the USAF options very attractive, less so on the South Korean and SAAF option. But that's me 😇

True. I'll wait for Eduard to be scaled down to 1/72, they have a habit of repeating the camouflage options, so that one will probably get there too.

12 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Just a pity this isn't a Profipack or Weekend boxing, the Mustang is an aircraft I'm largely indifferent to but I really like the South Korean scheme, I'd definitely build that but would probably never get around to building the second kit in the box.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

True. I'll wait for Eduard to be scaled down to 1/72, they have a habit of repeating the camouflage options, so that one will probably get there too.

I'm thinking they're not going to downscale the P-51D unless the new Arma is a train wreck. I'd bet on Arma-based Profipack's in the not too distant future for us 1/72 enthusiasts (same for the B/C)

Edited by Adam Maas

V.Šulc, CEO of Eduard said at least few times on modelforum.cz and ipmsnymburk.com that Eduard will produce their own 72nd scale Mustangs no matter those of Arma, this has also been written here at least five time in different topics, somehow this has become less forum, more of a chat🙃

3 hours ago, Adam Maas said:

I'd bet on Arma-based Profipack's in the not too distant future for us 1/72 enthusiasts (same for the B/C)

And you would have lost. Eduard has already announced that they will not be reboxing any Mustang from AH, although their own Mustangs will probably not appear until a few years from now.

• 2 weeks later...