Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

37 minutes ago, falcon04 said:

A solution to most thin decals or Eduard / HGW decals is something to eliminate surface tension in the liquid used in application.

A simple solution - use distilled or purified water and add a small amount of baby shampoo ( I use Johnson's in the US ) - 1/4 teaspoon of shampoo to 1 quart of water and use to both remove the decal from the backing and as a prep on the glossy surface of the model. Warm the water as you usually do. I zap a cup in the microwave just enough to warm a little.

A plain drop of water will "ball up" and lift the decal, causing the wrinkles and folds.  "The Mix" will spread out like a coat of paint , and contain a minimum of detrimental chemicals and will leave very little residue.

Try it - used by auto decal and window tinters since the last century.

Another trick is to add a spot of washing up liquid to the decal solution you are using as this stops the solution from balling on the decal and you get complete coverage. 

That too works - but dish detergent might be a bit too strong, and might leave more residue. I've found that my mix is often all I need - often no setting solution, and no negative effects on the decal adhesive.

I have found the Eduard decals to be as good as any found in other manufacturers kits. They are extremely thin and bed down well with Micro Sol & Set. When first applying them I use good old saliva, wet your finger apply to area decal is to be placed. Then slide decal on you will find it will slide easily to place correctly then use setting solvents!

As to removing the decal film, I've had mixed results, probably best left to your personal choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with Eduard lately, it is just Spitfires and Bf 109s, 110s, 10-whatevers over and over now. Occasionally, they release something interesting in 72nd... like a Mig-21, a Hind,  or some Dessert Babes... but even for those, now we need aftermarket decals🤣

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, lasermonkey said:

Yet another rubbish month for 1/72 fans. I’ve given up on Eduard now.

Well,next month you'll have their limited edition of the 1/72 B-25. But that one will probably be yet another overpriced limited edition without any real added value content. Even the decal schemes they chose aren't that attractive.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

Well,next month you'll have their limited edition of the 1/72 B-25. But that one will probably be yet another overpriced limited edition without any real added value content. Even the decal schemes they chose aren't that attractive.

Not one that interests me at all, I'm afraid. I was kinda hoping they might re-pop their MiG-15, as they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

On 8/2/2021 at 6:15 PM, lasermonkey said:

Yet another rubbish month for 1/72 fans. I’ve given up on Eduard now.

Let's cut them some slack, like we do with Airfix, Tamiya and Hasegawa. It's been a rubbish 18 months for everyone, and didn't they have a fire too? Miracle they're still in business. I'm exclusively a 1/72 man these days, but having just invested in a 1/48 Modelsvit P-51H (principally as a template to help me correct my RS 1/72 one), I'm getting tempted by an Eduard Mustang too. In the meantime, long live the 1/72 revolution.

Justin

Edited by Bedders
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Bedders said:

Let's cut them some slack, like we do with Airfix, Tamiya and Hasegawa. It's been a rubbish 18 months for everyone, and didn't they have a fire too? Miracle they're still in business. I'm exclusively a 1/72 man these days, but having just invested in a 1/48 Modelsvit P-51H (principally as a template to help me correct my RS 1/72 one), I'm getting tempted by an Eduard Mustang too. In the meantime, long live the 1/72 revolution.

Justin

I'd rather eat my own earwax than buy a 1/48 kit (and we all know how bad that tastes, right, kids?)*

* with apologies to Rik from the Young Ones.

Edited by lasermonkey
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

Well, they don't seem to have any trouble releasing 1/48 kits, so no.

Well perhaps they sold more 1/48 kits, and perhaps they work also for money😗

Edited by manuel
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, manuel said:

Well perhaps they sold more 1/48 kits, and perhaps they work also for money😗

Indeed. Also perhaps the fire resulted in the loss of far more 1/72 sprues than 1/48 sprues. 

Edited by -Ian-

4 minutes ago, Hook said:

Weren't there no molds lost..?

Cheers,

Andre

A thread at the time on this forum said it was in a warehouse which predominantly stored sprues, over a million IIRC.

On 8/4/2021 at 12:19 AM, dreamwriter said:

What do you (you all) think? How's the Airfix B-25 compared to the Hasegawa?

As I don't model in 1/48 and neither do I use super detailing - so I could join the chorus of "nothing for me" but it was worth reading the newsletter for the two pictures of a B-17 being refuelled from a RAF matador, as I am not building anything for my "Exercise Meteor" project for which there is no photo' evidence. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Borisz said:

What do you (you all) think? How's the Airfix B-25 compared to the Hasegawa?

Hasegawa is an H/J as opposed to a B/C for one. Not much between them. Level of detail is similar (Airfix maybe a bit better but the Hasegawa one has reasonable standard as well). I think the panel lines are a little more restrained on the Hasegawa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Eduard Leaflet for October 2021

https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2021-10en.pdf

11150 HIND D 1/48 Limited edition

2138 HURRISTORY: Hurricane Mk.I Dual Combo 1/72 Limited edition

7457 F6F-3 1/72 Weekend edition

8238 MiG-21R 1/48 ProfiPACK Re-release

8285 Spitfire Mk.XVI Bubbletop 1/48 ProfiPACK Re-release

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

The Hurricane set looks interesting, Hannants have it on backorder at £23.94 - not a bad price for 2 Arma Hurricanes, resin exhausts and wheels, etched sets and masks:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK2138?result-token=GNmP8

Cheers,

Stew

Would have been nice to have one or two more non usual subject decals choices as well.......but good price if you care about such goodies and decent for the raw pair of kits if you don't