Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Seboo said:

According to what Mr Sulc wrote on Modelforum.cz they prefer to concentrate on Limited Edition kits as it gives more possibilities than Royal Class.

To me those were more like collector's items. I have not had any ...

although looking at all the other Eduard kits in the stash I seem to be a collector rather than a builder  :D Hmmm...

• Haha 4

Wow, between the U.S. Spitfires, the JV44 190D and the Tempest Mk.II this is shaping up to be a brillant (and expensive) month.

10 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Jeez, you’d think they’d abandoned 1/72 completely.

Not much left of the 1/72 revolution they announced a while back, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Supersonic26 said:

Wow, between the U.S. Spitfires, the JV44 190D and the Tempest Mk.II this is shaping up to be a brillant (and expensive) month.

Not much left of the 1/72 revolution they announced a while back, that's for sure.

I really hope that they are going to reiusse those 1/72 kits they have released so far. Currently, only the Mig 21 and the Albatros are in stock. The Spitfires, Hellcats and FW-190 are all still listed as temporarily unavailable on their website. Given what has happened it will surely take some time before you could order them again.

Edited by 112 Squadron

5 hours ago, 112 Squadron said:

I really hope that they are going to reiusse those 1/72 kits they have released so far. Currently, only the Mig 21 and the Albatros are in stock. The Spitfires, Hellcats and FW-190 are all still listed as temporarily unavailable on their website. Given what has happened it will surely take some time before you could order them again.

The MiG-15's and Bf 110's seem to have disapppeared as well. 

Cheers,

Andre

As Eduard mentioned- no tools were damaged during the fire, but it will take time for them to re-stock. Due to informal/formal war between Eduard and Special Hobby on one side and AZ/KP on the other, both of the former are keeping smaller scale plans very close to their chest, there will be plenty more 72 kits, but will remain secret until very close to their release date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another overpriced "Limited Edition" of a B-25, that is nothing more than a Profipack like edition,with just the resin wheels and a couple more decal schemes. Long gone are the days when Eduard Limited Editions actually had added value content.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

Another overpriced "Limited Edition" of a B-25, that is nothing more than a Profipack like edition,with just the resin wheels and a couple more decal schemes. Long gone are the days when Eduard Limited Editions actually had added value content.

That unfortunately is very true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

I loved these kits when the decals were Cartograph, now the Eduard sets are worthless to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

I loved these kits when the decals were Cartograph, now the Eduard sets are worthless to me.

I wouldn't go quite that far, I do still like Eduard kits but yes, Cartograph decals are a major plus point when I decide whether to buy an individual kit.

Edited by -Ian-

6 hours ago, -Ian- said:

I wouldn't go quite that far, I do still like Eduard kits but yes, Cartograph decals are a major plus point when I decide whether to buy an individual kit.

I meant the decals, I see I poorly worded that reply. I love Eduard products but I’m afraid they don’t compete when it comes to decals.

I can't get my head round the fact people don't like Eduard's decals, yes cartograph are great but you still have carrier film with them, with Eduard's you don't after peeling it away. People need to look at their own methods of using them instead of blaming the decals.

1 hour ago, tank152 said:

I can't get my head round the fact people don't like Eduard's decals, yes cartograph are great but you still have carrier film with them, with Eduard's you don't after peeling it away. People need to look at their own methods of using them instead of blaming the decals.

Personally I was perfectly happy with the carrier film decals Cartograph provided, while the new Eduard ones make placement of smaller stuff like squadron codes a pain. I freely admit that it's probably a lack of skill on my part in that regard, but I can't place decals like that at the perfect angle right away, and moving new style Eduard decals in place without tearing or crumpling them seems difficult to me.

5 minutes ago, Supersonic26 said:

Personally I was perfectly happy with the carrier film decals Cartograph provided, while the new Eduard ones make placement of smaller stuff like squadron codes a pain. I freely admit that it's probably a lack of skill on my part in that regard, but I can't place decals like that at the perfect angle right away, and moving new style Eduard decals in place without tearing or crumpling them seems difficult to me.

Ah, Eduard's original thin decals, something else everything bleated about. Different decals need different methods of application, one size doesn't fit all i'm afraid. 

A solution to most thin decals or Eduard / HGW decals is something to eliminate surface tension in the liquid used in application.

A simple solution - use distilled or purified water and add a small amount of baby shampoo ( I use Johnson's in the US ) - 1/4 teaspoon of shampoo to 1 quart of water and use to both remove the decal from the backing and as a prep on the glossy surface of the model. Warm the water as you usually do. I zap a cup in the microwave just enough to warm a little.

A plain drop of water will "ball up" and lift the decal, causing the wrinkles and folds.  "The Mix" will spread out like a coat of paint , and contain a minimum of detrimental chemicals and will leave very little residue.

Try it - used by auto decal and window tinters since the last century.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2