Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Looks like it'll be a fully loaded Spitfire August for me. Probably two of the Spec Ed kits plus all of the goodies. Thank god I discovered I have a loft.

Let me guess. You moved a stack of model kit boxes and, suddenly, there it was!

That Spitfire looks an absolute peach.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:36 PM, Julien said:

Big set for the Tornado;

Collection of 7 armament sets for Tornado GR.1 / GR.4 in 1/48 scale by Eduard/Revell. - BOZ-EC pod, - Sky Shadow ECM pod, - CPU-123 Paveway II, - JP233 dispenser pod, - ALARM missiles, - CBU-87 bombs, - TIALD pod.

Great for a GR.1; not so great for a GR.4....

• 5 weeks later...

I really think it's about time Eduard considered re-tooling their 1/48 Bf109E, especially  with the hopefully more accurate Wingsy kit on the horizon. Eduard's rendition is too great in length and too wide wing slats also maybe do away with full engine, a Brassin substitute is available for those who want this detail.

Just my opinion 😝.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andyh59 said:

I really think it's about time Eduard considered re-tooling their 1/48 Bf109E, especially  with the hopefully more accurate Wingsy kit on the horizon. Eduard's rendition is too great in length and too wide wing slats also maybe do away with full engine, a Brassin substitute is available for those who want this detail.

Just my opinion 😝.

Eduard's Emil is inaccurate in every shape and form, from surface detailing ( every service panel is wrongly positioned, flaps 50% overscale ) to overall shape and size, 32nd kit pantographed with each and every omission scaled down, I hope that Eduard will revisit Emil ( but without their Gustav curse-getting it wrong twice), as well as Bf 110.

Wingsy will cost at least twice as Eduard would, so please Eduard retool Emil.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Eduard have moved to in-house decal printing.

My experience with the new released Super44 P47D was rather disappointing. The upper wing USAAF emblem decals are half sized, and lots of them keep folding over and tearing.

I've seen some issues mentioned on Facebook groups too of decals appearing damaged.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, Thomas V. said:

Eduard's Emil is inaccurate in every shape and form, from surface detailing ( every service panel is wrongly positioned, flaps 50% overscale ) to overall shape and size, 32nd kit pantographed with each and every omission scaled down, I hope that Eduard will revisit Emil ( but without their Gustav curse-getting it wrong twice), as well as Bf 110.

Wingsy will cost at least twice as Eduard would, so please Eduard retool Emil.

If the Wingsy kit turns out to be accurate and nicely done, why not support Wingsy? You pay for what you get. Just because it has to say "Eduard" on the box? If Wingsy sell well they can make a larger production run and reduce the price...

Cheers,

J

• Like 4

On 8/5/2020 at 3:36 PM, Tim R-T-C said:

I believe Eduard have moved to in-house decal printing.

My experience with the new released Super44 P47D was rather disappointing. The upper wing USAAF emblem decals are half sized, and lots of them keep folding over and tearing.

I've seen some issues mentioned on Facebook groups too of decals appearing damaged.

I was disappointed too, I wish they would have stuck with what they are good at. I always looked forward to the Cartograf decals included in the kit. 

There decals have been out of register, misprinted, and are difficult to use.

4 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

If the Wingsy kit turns out to be accurate and nicely done, why not support Wingsy? You pay for what you get. Just because it has to say "Eduard" on the box? If Wingsy sell well they can make a larger production run and reduce the price...

Cheers,

J

Wingsy production runs are limited by the moulding technology - these are great kits, but still short runs. Their distribution (and therefore product availability -> sales) is also fairly limited and this won't get better until they change trading terms, improve communication and reduce the shipping cost (the latter may be the most difficult due to their location).

8 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Cheers,

J

Because if their superlative Claude costs around 40+Euros, depending where you look, Emil will cost the same if not more, paying mentioned sum for model of that size I will never be ready.

Wingsy Claudes are very nice kits, but quality wise they are in some areas behind Eduard for a price that is app 20-40% higher.

As for later price reduction never happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very glad to see the 144th scale returning. Eduard have been slowly releasing Platz kits in single baggings with new decals, which has been great because the Platz moulds are superb but hard to get in Europe - generally only by import from Japan or eBay - but for some reason they stopped after the middle of this year.

• Like 1