Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

Initially, I had expected Eduard to extend their 1/72 Fw-190 A series to late versions (A-9/F-9) but that never happened.

They left it to KORA to produce the A/F-9 variant (using the Eduard sprues in a new boxing).

I'm not too confident about the Bf-109 series either as it's pretty well covered (AZ, new Tamiya..)

Seems as if they move away from 72 scale.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Welkin said:

Tempest II might be logical.

Doubt they will bother, but who knows.
Otherwise, next year in 1/48 should bring more Mustangs, more Gustavs + the K-4, and Spitfire Mk.I for the next Eday (hey - it's BoB 80th anniversary!), with the Mk. Vb, which initially was said to be planned for a release before Mk.I, moving to 2021.
For 1/72, prioritising Gustavs over Tempests is rather logical - how many boxes with Tempest Mk.V you can release and sell? Tamiya is not a big competition with their price in Europe (for one Tamiya Gustav you'll probably buy two Eduard weekend editions), and quite limited possibilities of what one can do with their kit, which represents a specific production variant of the G-6 (even one of the kit marking options is actually not suitable for the plastic included, as that aircraft should have different engine cowling) and no one knows if and when they will release any other variants. Eduard will surely bring us everything they already have (or plan to have) in 1/48, which aside from different G-6 variants, G-2, G-4 and G-5 also means different G-10 and AS variants never kitted by Fine Molds. And I also suspect the Friedrich family in the pipeline as well.

Edited by caughtinthemiddle

When initially speaking about Tempest project V.Sulc was saying Tempest Mk.II was slated for Royal Class with Mk.V, and released as stand alone item by Special Hobby first!...

both Mk.VI and Mk.II will be totally new toolings, in the last few years there were numerous slated releases from Eduard that have been either put back on hold or scrapped.

I just hope they release the 72nd scale mig-21 pf/pfm and bis kits .  

BTW I just recalled them sharing 72nd  CAD images of some interwar ( or was it WW1 ? ) airplane of Eastern European origin , I simply cannot recall the name but it is a cute looking airplane . It was a parasol airplane - anyone knows which plane I am talking about here ? they shared the CAD(along with some museum pics of the real thing) about 9-12 months back and it was supposed to be a surprise addition to the 2019 releases . No sign of it though. 

Edited by Basuroy

Found it - Simunek VBS 1 by Eduard . This is the kind of obscure subject that Eduard seems to have given up on though one might argue it is a tad too obscure even by their standards - only 1 piece ever made . 

https://www.72news.eu/2018/08/eduard-simunek-vbs-1-kunkadlo-2019.html

Edited by Basuroy

• 4 weeks later...

And for December https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2019-12.pdf

R0020 Mustang1/48 Royal Class

70141 MiG-21MF interceptor re-release1/72 ProfiPACK

8071 Nieuport Ni-171/48 ProfiPACK

84157 Bf 109E-31/48 Weekend edition

4433 Spitfire Mk.IXc late1/144 Super44

Images of Mustang proposed shemes

[mustan12.jpg
mustan11.jpg

Edited by Wuger91
Double picture
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

What happened to the '72nd scale' revolution? Since they announced that four years ago we have only had downscaled versions of the Spit IX, D-VII and Mig-21. All great kits but hardly a revolution. I was expecting a line to rival Tamiya's Warbird series in 72 scale but we're not quite there, to put it mildly. Shame, because Eduard's weekend edition kits are all fantastic value for money.

Edited by sroubos
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, sroubos said:

What happened to the '72nd scale' revolution? Since they announced that four years ago we have only had downscaled versions of the Spit IX, D-VII and Mig-21. All great kits but hardly a revolution. I was expecting a line to rival Tamiya's Warbird series in 72 scale but we're not quite there, to put it mildly. Shame, because Eduard's weekend edition kits are all fantastic value for money.

Unfortunately Eduard, in my humble opinion, don't care about 1/72. They focus on a quarter scale. It's not revolution but devolution… I think, around two years ago they claimed that this year we would have Bf 109 G/F but we won't have it until E-Day 2020 (if ever). I don't want to guess when we will get Tempests, Mustangs, new early Spitfires, early Wurgers (A-3 and A-4).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

March 2020 leaflet https://www.eduard.com/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2020-03en.pdf

ProfiPACK edition kit of US WWII fighter aircraft P-51D version D-10 and higher in 1/48 scale

ProfiPack edition of 1/72 scale kit of Cold War jet aircraft MiG-21MF

Weekend edition kit of German WWII fighter aircraft Bf 109E-1 in 1/48 scale

Super 44 edition kit of Soviet Cold war jet fighter aircraft MiG-21MF in 1/144 scale.

Limited edition kit of twin engine multirole combat aircraft Tornado GR.1 in British service during Operation Granby in 1/48 scale

Edited by Wuger91
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So I apparently got an Eduard 2020 catalogue with a recent order (freight costs were suddenly down to manageable again). Though the 1/72 pages are thin, there is this mention of a Royal class D.VII triple, and a Profipack Fokker D.VII Albatros-built. Can’t find any news about that, anyone knows more?