Eduard - leaflet for distributors

172flogger

16 hours ago, tony.t said:

Nice there's a wave of etch and masks for the 1/48 Voodoos on the near horizon - would be even nicer to actually see it, so eagerly awaiting Eduard's updates.

Tony

I was pleased to see this too, the Kitty Hawks kits have been ignored in the past.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I like the FOD cover for the Mig-21 - but, they do not show whether the cone is hollow to fit over the nose intake cone or whether you have to omit the nose cone intake when building the kit itself to fit the FOD?

As it is resin I somehow doubt it will be hollow to slip over the kit nose intake cone itself, but I hope I am wrong...

10 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

I like the FOD cover for the Mig-21 - but, they do not show whether the cone is hollow to fit over the nose intake cone or whether you have to omit the nose cone intake when building the kit itself to fit the FOD?

As it is resin I somehow doubt it will be hollow to slip over the kit nose intake cone itself, but I hope I am wrong...

With the way resin works I imagine it will replace the kit part. 

Too difficult to cast hollow. Plus would never be thin enough to stay in scale and cover over kit part. 

The question I have to ask is why would you want it to?

Unless you plan on building a derelict abandoned jet with the fod cover half hanging off or something. Not that it is likely because of the taper & gravity.  

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

Sukhoi killer?!?

A US-Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Airforce Su-22 last year with an Aim-120 AMRAAM after the Aim-9X Sidewinder failed .....

40 minutes ago, exdraken said:

A US-Navy F/A-18E shot down a Syrian Airforce Su-22 last year with an Aim-120 AMRAAM after the Aim-9X Sidewinder failed .....

Oh. Thought you might have been talking about something that could take on the 27's, 30's and 35's like the Gripen-E. Now an Eduard special of a Kittyhawk Gripen 'would' be something worth hovering up. Though it would also be nice to see a few more scheme's available for the F/A-18E.

2 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Oh. Thought you might have been talking about something that could take on the 27's, 30's and 35's like the Gripen-E. Now an Eduard special of a Kittyhawk Gripen 'would' be something worth hovering up. Though it would also be nice to see a few more scheme's available for the F/A-18E.

aehmmm no....

real stuff, not fiction!

and the first Navy air to air kill since xx years!!!!!

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2018/09/10/the-inside-story-of-how-a-us-navy-pilot-shot-down-a-syrian-jet/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja'Din_shootdown_incident

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/interesting-video-features-u-s-naval-aviators-describing-shooting-syrian-su-22-fitter/

LCDR-Tremel-696x478.jpg

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/LCDR-Tremel-696x478.jpg

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, exdraken said:

Erm. Yea. See what you mean. But, "Sukhoi Killer" feels a little expansive for owning a single 22 especially when considering the capability gap between the two aircraft as well as considering what else 'Sukhoi' is capable of fielding. To me it would be like calling the Mig-25 the "MD Killer" because Dahwood's plane shot down Speicher's F/A-18C in the Gulf without taking account of all of the other airframes in MD's (now Boeing's) cupboard. Just my tuppence! 😉

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

Erm. Yea. See what you mean. But, "Sukhoi Killer" feels a little expansive for owning a single 22 especially when considering the capability gap between the two aircraft as well as considering what else 'Sukhoi' is capable of fielding. 

Obviously it had enough trouble doing even that....

It is still the best any SuperHornet achieved until now....

But all that actually was not my point....

usually successful Western fighters are just called MiG killers...so....

:banghead: