Mig 31 info request

Nachtwulf

I am currently working on the Lovely AMK Mig 31 and I am getting close to adding the air intakes to the fuselage. I have noticed that the trailing edge of the intake immediately before the upper air bleed door is relatively thick and I have not seen any photos to support that. My intention is to thin the trailing edge down but that would also open the area up to see inside. I have no idea what would be under that area and how it should look. Does anyone have any information regarding this area? I have not seen any drawings yet that describe it well enough. Maybe I am totally wrong and the edge is supposed to be that thick? any help would be greatly appreciated. I am having a great time building this thing and want it to turn out well.

As an aside....many thanks to those that have posted pictures and reviews of this kit on this site. They have all been truly inspirational, especially Mikes build review. It's nice to be excited about a kit again!

Thanks for the reply Muzz! I believe the first link shows an earlier version of the Mig 31 as that area is raised rather than flush like the kit, but it does show the trailing edge to be rather thin. Any idea of the structure underneath? I have been looking at images courtesy of Google but haven't found it too helpful and I have no references for this aircraft.

Don't suppose there will be much to see inside, either straight into the intakes or a series of louvres to direct the airflow?

Don't suppose there will be much to see inside, either straight into the intakes or a series of louvres to direct the airflow?

That's what I am thinking as well. Perhaps I will just fade it to black inside to ward off the flashlight police. By the way, have you noticed that the roof of the right intake has raised ribs inside while the left has flush ribs? I did not notice until I had the intakes assembled and installed, but it is not easy to notice. :poo: