Raptors in the UK - Bino's at the ready!

Skyhunter66

One of the benefits or living between York and the East Coast is that i sit right below one of the RAF's training areas and in the good old days was lucky enough to watch Harriers, Jags and the odd Canberra and Nimrod etc flying about. These days its Typhoons, Tornado's and F15's (could be worse!). So now the USAF have kindly sent over some of their Raptors I have geared myself for the ensuing entertainment. Office window has been cleaned and Bino's cleaned and sitting at the ready on the window ledge! If I had some brain cells I might be able to track their movements but alas I have no idea how to do this.

So in effect I am now on QRA!

Chris

• Like 5

Chris,you are certainly are in the right place,we have holidayed every year down near Filey for ages now and one of the highlight's is the air activity,

over the years we've had the lot,dogfighting Tucanos,F15,s,Tornado's loads of Helo's and a couple of year's ago two Herc's flying below the level

of the cliff top's at Flamborough!

• Like 1

In Norwich in about 8 days time. Might have to take a wander out Lakenheath way. Last time the Mem Sahib & I went to have a look we got stuck in torrential rain that made driving around Norfolk a touch fraught. And we never saw a bl**dy thing! Now have FR24 on my phone but not really showing any heavy metal, might have to push out the boat & buy the app rather than use the free version.

• Like 1