Spiderman 2099 - Classic Spidey Conversion

I'm surprised you remember what paint is after all this time filling and sanding :)

Joking aside,it looks great!

Im just glad that stage is over! Thanks dude :)

Have to agree.....That is a huge improvement over the starting point, much, much better. :thumbsup:

Cheers Sgt! :D

Looking Good!

Can't wait to see colour on him.

Get cracking!

:beer:

Thanks, me too, will hopefully start spraying today! :)

Have you considered adding texture to his outfit.....Will Vale did some amazing work on his Judge Anderson figure that might be of interest: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234951736-judge-anderson-and-iriachani/page-3?hl=+judge%20+anderson (Post #49 onwards). :coolio:

Ooh, the red looks great! I accidentally went to the first page of this thread thinking it was the last, and you were talking about putty and sanding and my heart fell rather. Phew :)

Will

Aaaand now its good old rattle can! Had a go at putting my masks down but the flat red is very flat and they didn't want to stick so i rattle canned on some gloss red.

20160822_134155_zpscdwuacia.jpg

Then i cut some more masks. For these I created vector artwork in Illustrator then used a vinyl cutter to cut them, here they are weeded and laid up on application tape.

20160823_131851_zpspnxt8xpc.jpg

I got the chest one on, this is actually the second one after a tweak to the size and a bit of warping to help it look right in his crouched position.

20160823_133340_zpsmqkkdtz2.jpg

I need to re do the face as its not quite right, so thats what I'll do next and also mask out the arm stripes.

Thanks for looking, more soon :)

• Like 8

Wow, This is looking great, you have the patience of an adult being constantly kicked in the shin by a child in public, having built some of these re-casts myself, I know the battles you have fought in terms of fit and the results you are achieving are fantastic, my spidey sense is tingling with the notion that this is going to be a stunner of a build! looking forward to more.

Regards,

Andy

Wow, This is looking great, you have the patience of an adult being constantly kicked in the shin by a child in public, having built some of these re-casts myself, I know the battles you have fought in terms of fit and the results you are achieving are fantastic, my spidey sense is tingling with the notion that this is going to be a stunner of a build! looking forward to more.

Regards,

Andy

Cheers Andy, appreciate it :)

Fantastic!

Thanks mate :)

This is some very impressive work! Thanks for sharing with us.

I have bought several of the Thai re-casts off E-Bay recently and know exactly what you mean about the quality / lack of. I have a 1/9th scale Medusa the Gorgon with very poorly-fitting tail sections that you could put your thumb-tip in the gaps. She'll be a true "filler queen", but she should be well worth all the effort once she's painted up.

I recently bought a Spidey 2099 made by Horizon, but this one is in a much more upright pose, holding his arms in the air. I got him as a companion to my Horizon Venom, but I think he much look a wee bit dull next to his naughty cousin. We'll wait and see on that one.

Cheers.

Chris.

• Like 1

Spider man never looked so good! I really like those tribal styled masks - they look the part alright!

From your pictures, it's hard to see any kind of rework under the paint - so mission accomplished there :)

Are you going to go for the blue or something different. I guess it wouldn't be Spidey if it's not blue.

Really looking forward tot he next instalment

Si

• Like 1

Spider man never looked so good! I really like those tribal styled masks - they look the part alright!

From your pictures, it's hard to see any kind of rework under the paint - so mission accomplished there :)

Are you going to go for the blue or something different. I guess it wouldn't be Spidey if it's not blue.

Really looking forward tot he next instalment

Si

Thanks Si! It will be blue but different, 2099 suit has a kind of pvc shine to it. So im going to blast him with dark blue then a top down mid blue to add highlights, which I'll further highlight with a light blue.

Nice!

Those masks are the berries!

Cheers Tolga, thats the benefit of having a vinyl cutter at work!

Have a look at this hunter.....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975890-geometric-medusa/?fromsearch=1

The horizon medusa kit.

Matt

Thanks for the share Matt, its a great looking kit:)