Lockheed F-80 Shooting Star - MPC/Airfix 1/72

Hello everyone,

Here are a few photos of my latest build - MPC/Airfix's F-80 Shooting Star in 1/72. Incredibly, the majority of the decals are the original MPC decals from 1983! The model is finished with Tamiya Rattlecans. It was built on a small commission for a friend of mine. Comments and criticism always welcome.

X0HQ0na.jpg

AYz3oVF.jpg

9rC8Cks.jpg

GKHGs80.jpg

jyXxed5.jpg

• Like 19

I always wanted one of these. The original box art was stunning to the 12 year old boy I was then. It still is to the 50 year old man now! ;)

Lovely build of a classic kit, I love the gloss blue over NMF.

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Jake:

Congratulations for the nice build!!!

Really is a kit that properly built with a big heart, a lot of love and a little patience can be transformed in a true show stopper as you did here.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Luis Alfonso.

Lovely! Don't have one in my stash but fondly remember building one (late 1980's or early 1990's?) Still love the NMF with eye-catching squadron and group marking and personal artwork.

You've captured it nicely indeed!

I made on the these superb kits last year and loved it. Here the forum address if you want to have a look http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234978158-172-airfix-shooting-star-takes-flight/page-1 . I like the finish you have achieved and what makes it more impressive is that you did with rattle cans! Excellent job Jake and looking forward to seeing your next kit.