Thanks guys

I've added the last bits of weathering to the X-Wing, and the masking over the glazing has come off. I could carry on dirtying it up, but I'd end up obscuring the finish. The bulk of the final weathering was done with various AMMO washes painted into corners and over select panels, then blended to soften the effect

26512380604_46bacd644f_b.jpg

27117815025_f5dfa9e08f_b.jpg

26514062273_9cf3d4dc87_b.jpg

27084520016_e63a1a270b_b.jpg

I'll be switching my attention over to the base now

Andy

• Like 12

Great modeling there Andy, it looks totally battered in the best possible way! One thing that stood out to me was the yellow sticker on the front landing gear hatch, it might be the photography making it glow but it looks too new to fit in with the weathing elsewhere. Its a pleasure to watch this build, i look forward to your base! :popcorn:

• Like 1

Thanks Gaz

Thanks Bob. Yes, you're right. It is a bit too clean. I'll put a bit of wash over it to tone it down. Thanks

Little bit of work done tonight

I've given the ground equipment a base coat in yellow. These will all get pretty heavy weathering, along the lines of the support thingy I made for the Snowspeeder. I might add a chipped, faded Imperial logo to the generator, to make it look like old Imperial army surplus

27040434132_8749cabd22_b.jpg

I won't be adding any figures to the base, but I wanted to have a bit of life on there, so I'll use one of the Astromechs that came with the kit. You only get decals for R2 and, rather bizarrely, R5-D4. How he's ended up in an X-Wing, I don't know. Anyway, I didn't want to do either of them, so I decided to give U9-C4 a cameo instead. The figure's too small to realistically think about masking, so I just sprayed a white base coat, then hand painted his orange markings, followed by a grey wash

27135386775_d650df41a0_b.jpg

26529478524_1a9f2b8296_b.jpg

Andy

• Like 17

You have surpassed your normal amazing skills with that droid. Most of us can only dream of having eyes that good or hands that steady.

Incredible work

Not sure about the hands, but the eyes need an optivisor and a pair of reading glasses when I attempt anything like this

Andy

• Like 1

You only get decals for R2 and, rather bizarrely, R5-D4. How he's ended up in an X-Wing, I don't know.

I think the decals are for R5-D8, which was Porkins' droid, and has almost identical markings to R5-D4. The only real difference is the back of the droid: D4 has three red panels and D8 has no red panels (also, I think his antenna is a little shorter, too).

• Like 2

Holy moly! The T-65 and your leetle teeny tiny astromech are gorgeous! I could easily picture your particular x-wing starring in it's own stand alone Star Wars movie. After all, it looks like she's been to hell and back! I'm thankful for having your various works (including this one) as constant motivation to drive my own build onward and upward.

Excited to see this one get wrapped up :)

-matt

• Like 1

Excited to see this one get wrapped up :)

-matt

Thanks Matt. Me too, or at least eager to get it wrapped up. Too many other things ready to be started

I've weathered up the generator thingy and the steps. I added the aforementioned Imperial logo, which was chipped then faded a little. I think it adds a bit to the story of the scene. There are still some areas that need extra work. The silver cap on the tanks had only just been painted when I took the shots, so still needs a wash added, and some of the instruments on the end panel (not seen on this shot) need picking out

26562066693_e22ff58eda_b.jpg

This is a rough layout of how it will all sit on the base. I might still twist the orientation of the base plate a little, but I don't want the X-Wing to be turned so far that it's corner on to the frame. I'll make up the revetment wall next, and see how it looks with that in place

27166761985_8b07c29659_b.jpg

Andy

• Like 18