Star Wars - Republic Cruiser

Just finished this. This pushed my skill set. I originally built this straight out of box and kinda hosed the paint. Saw on another forum where it was lit and hanger opened up. Before I knew it, I had the Dremel out and was cutting it apart. In all it has about 50' of fiber optic filament, generic arduino nano, and 10 LEDs lighting everything up. You can see from the pics but I did build out the side hangers and each one has a couple of fighters in them. The Arduino Nano is used to create a gradual flicker effect for the engines. It simulates them coming to full power.

Thanks for looking

c1_zpstt9h94k2.jpgc4_zps3f6853zu.jpgc2_zpsfx4fi7tu.jpgc7_zpswpotf0ml.jpgc3_zpssiftze4o.jpgc8_zpstwr9mnpf.jpgc5_zpsbiqwhzbj.jpgc6_zpsuwtdezxt.jpg

• Like 11

That looks really good and the lighting takes it to a whole other level.

I am not familiar with the kit. Who is the manufacturer and how big is the assembled model?

That looks really good and the lighting takes it to a whole other level.

I am not familiar with the kit. Who is the manufacturer and how big is the assembled model?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-STAR-WARS-REPUBLIC-STAR-DESTROYER-/301848843022?hash=item464797d30e:g:tmgAAOSwoydWmT3F

There is a link to one in the auction site. I guess it is about 14 or 15 inches long. I got mine a while back for $30 and assembled it then decided I wanted to do lights and hanger. Saw the price currently and that made me take the dremel to the one I had.

Outstanding work. I have one in a similar state to how you started. Now you're inspiring me to do the same! I wish someone would bring out a First Order Star Destroyer...

Yes, I would love a more "current" Star Destroyer. I would also like the $500 Star Destroyer that is around, I just can't pony up that much cash.