3 years later... Vulcan XL426 VDF 1983

Well this was one of those "Quick Builds" That got fit into gaps between other projects and life events and 3 years later finally emerges as finished..

I love how shes come out Its my attempt at XL426 as she was in the VDF days battered and faded to hell just before handing over to the more famous VDF bird XH558.

Hope you enjoy its my first post in RFI for ages now.

Rob :)

2EB82DF0-70A8-40D2-92E8-AECAD5868000_zps

32429C8F-E6B6-4D56-BCBB-256DB6A861DE_zps

10C82910-B544-406E-BB23-B4E8FE7236FB_zps

86178404-F142-419B-89F1-A8B37F7E545E_zps

4DDACDEF-347B-48E6-ADF9-7AB2D4987D44_zps

26712AB6-D0B8-445E-B87C-55C9103DE982_zps

AD4EAAC9-4390-427B-86CC-66E00229F175_zps

• Like 23

Lovely looking Vulcan :)

Cheers mate :)

Hello,Rob - Good to have you back on radar and on form as usual with this splendid build and tribute to '426'. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Thanks mate and was great seeing you at Cosford recently. I thought this would be a good one to get me off to getting some other builds finished. Glad you approve and seeing your wonderful and numerous photos of this one helped greatly :)

Hi Rob. Another great looking Vulcan! Very nice! Well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers dude and I really enjoyed your Spitfires lately I really want to make some myself soon. Rob :)

Cracking camo job! it's a big of a bug bear of mine vulcan camo pattern ratios and you've nailed it.That's why you're the Vulcan guru , good to have you back Rob.

I was wondering where you were, Mr R Vulcan. Another gem, well done.

Thanks mate. Been very busy making some major life changes and writing and recording the new Sister Shotgun EP :)

She's a stunner!

Cheers Val :)

Brilliant job,she looks great.....

Thanks mate :)

What's not to like about a Vulcan? Very nice indeed Rob and well done, she looks great!! :thumbsup::coolio:

Kev :)

The only thing not to like about the vulcan is that none are flying , Glad we can make models of them though, cheers :)

Hey rob, great to see you've found some time to get something finished, great finish. Must build a Vulcan sometime, but think a new Airfix victor will beat it off the bench!

yes took me a whole year to put the probe on lol. I will likely give it another coat of varnish at some stage but its done, Time to get more done and yes cant wait for the Airfix Victor I have 2 pre ordered. :)

Cracking camo job! it's a big of a bug bear of mine vulcan camo pattern ratios and you've nailed it.That's why you're the Vulcan guru , good to have you back Rob.

Thanks mate I just do my best to follow from photos whats going on as each was unique. I tend to paint green before grey too as masking off what I want to keep is easier on my brain inverted. Whenever I try to do it the conventional way it never comes out looking right and the grey always ends up being too much. At this scale its hard to see the difference.

Works for me at least and i was funny about trying it out. Just recently I wanted to try it the other way though.

Cheers mate :)

Looks brilliant Rob :goodjob:

Cheers Mate. I have not forgot about posting all the ones I have made but that might be a long while off and I think I will finish a few more before I do.

:) Rob

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Vulcans are my favourite aircraft so your off to a good start. And this one is a cracker. Very well done.

Nice Vulcan with a nice paint job, well done.

Thanks a lot , glad you like it. I really can't wait to get back to some serious modelling soon it's been way to long now :)