1:48 Eurofighter Typhoon FG4 Single Seat RAF 29Sqn Display Team 2014

This is my latest build. Revell 1:48 Eurofighter Typhoon single seat RAF 29Sqn Display Aircraft from the 2014 season.

I have had this in my stash for several years and wanted to build it using the xtradecal Typhoon display decals to depict the 2014 display aircraft which I have always thought was stunning.

20160409_162303-1_zpsjhq9h92p.jpg

I purchased the Olimp resin seamless air intake and exhaust can set so I could build a clean aircraft along with with the BigEd PE set.

The build went relatively smoothly with the resin sets only needing some slight filling and sanding. I was impressed with the fit and detail of the it, only adding some scratch building in the wheel wells to add interest and depth. The Eduard set in the cockpit is a must as it really sets it alive and cannot be beaten. As usual I painted the aircraft using Vallejo Air colours finished off in a satin coat with a light wash and weathering as these aircraft are usually presented as pristine.

20160409_162450-1_zpspszzu2aq.jpg

20160409_162406-1_zpsfipaajpq.jpg

20160409_163236-1_zpslv7xif5a.jpg

20160409_163144-1_zpsm7akm2du.jpg

20160409_163053-1_zpsrmuv7gva.jpg

I wanted to show the versatility of the aircraft and to do this I thought adding an array of ordnance would do it nicely. This particular aircraft would not have been operational in 2104, but would have continued to fly training sorties so to add some colour and interest I have loaded it with a variety of training ordnance.This is a sort after, discontinued kit and hopefully the re - issue in Sept will bring some more great examples of this single seat aircraft.

20160409_163541-1_zpsd5kxy3vu.jpg

20160409_163428-1_zps6omkhpmx.jpg

20160409_163811-1_zpsxm46l2uq.jpg

20160409_163652-1_zpsjxlf1hzl.jpg

• Like 18

Beautiful A/C, I've never been s big fan of the Typhoon, but you really did this one up nicely and I think putting the ordnance on it really gives it some character.. NICE WORK!!

Dave

• Like 1

vey nice and colorful!

:thumbsup:!

I am glad someone successfully used Olimp resin parts, as I have them too but could not find any online application/ reference for now!

stunnning!

one question though,

did you use the inner parts of the exhasut nozzles as well? they look a bit strange on the photos...

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1

Hi...thanks...yes I did and once it's put together it looks pretty nice....as for the Olimp resin...patience..plenty of dry fitting..sanding and some filler required..but it's worth the effort!

vey nice and colorful!

:thumbsup:!

I am glad someone successfully used Olimp resin parts, as I have them too but could not find any online application/ reference for now!

stunnning!

one question though,

did you use the inner parts of the exhasut nozzles as well? they look a bit strange on the photos...