1/72 - Potez 25 A2 resin kit by Grand models - released

Homebee

Here's the box art from the future Grand models' 1/72nd Potez 25 A2 resin kit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/grandmodels.gr/photos/a.867064526735791.1073741828.801311263311118/894749783967265/?type=3&theater

Image may contain: sky, airplane, cloud, outdoor and nature

Manufaktura Modelarska is also working on a 1/72nd Potez 25 resin kit

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004373-172-potez-25-a2b2jupiter-resin-kit-by-manufaktura-modelarska-mm-release-soon/

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

I am very pleased to contribute my work as an aviation artist in these efforts...a good efforts i think, by all those guys i know very well and who they trusted me in creating the first thing that comes to a modeller's eyes...the box art image! I am sure the kit will be good too as it was in the first effort...the T-6 texan II........good luck guys!!!!

Edited by planeart
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I will avoid political corectness when I say this is a lousy product in classy package. The whole nose section looks funny compared to the real aircraft and even to the boxart which is much closer to the actual outlines of the nose.

Beside that, parts breakdown is cheap, making cockpit detailing and weathering pretty unaccessible.

Just a product which will leave my wallet intact, despite the great need to have modern and easily available kit of Potez 25 on the market.

This is a shame. It's resin so the maker surely should pull these masters and re do the nose/cowl area at least? That area looks like a broken refrigerator on its side.

I get the distinct feeling that Mr Broplan is still our friend; his vac-form kits look right.

Truly awful nose/cowl area here, (best to use repetition for emphasis).  The kind of modeller that wants a Potez XXV wants one that looks right. This looks right 'enough' to me until that nose/cowl/engine area. :shutup: . I couldn't look at that on display for any length of time without getting the cricket bat out :fight: .

It's not going to happen is it? We're never going to get a good one :wall::suicide::hanging: .

Disappointed of Manly.

:weep: 

• Like 1

There's also a serious spelling mistake in the box art title.

"Avion Grecque"?????? In French you write "avion grec".

The agreement of adjectives in French depends on the gender (male or female) and the number (singular or plural) of the subject.

Avion/aircraft (the subject) is a male word - un avion -  in French, hence un "avion grec". If they're several aircraft (plural) you write des "avions grecs".

But if you're talking about a car - une voiture - it's a female word in French and then you write une "voiture grecque". Don't search for any logic in French. ^_^

Aircraft: avion / name, male singular - avions / name, male plural 

Greek: grec / adjective, male singular -  grecque / female singular -  grecs / male plural - grecques / female plural

And you are here in the case: name male singular + adjective male singular: avion grec

Another detail: French and English capitalization are quite different, as it is much less common in French. Many words that must be capitalized in English cannot be in French.

But  for such a particular case you can accept: Avion Grec (in English: Greek Aircraft)

Grec.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Many bad comments i see about this model!! I was involved in making the box art, but i also informed the other guys who are responsible about the making of the model itself to add here their views and to answer to those ''comments'', cos a couple of them are not so constructive... maybe even hostile instead!!! .As for beeing a resin kit...i quess this is a problem for a lot of modellers,  but,  to set a model company with injection machines needs a mountain of money!! A few guys who built this kit said it was a good one!! As i mentioned i was only involved in the box art!! I suppose it will be some answers to those...unhappy with this effort!!! 

7 hours ago, Homebee said:

"Avion grecque"... In French you say and write "avion grec"!

V.P.

:thumbsup:

The Potez 25 with the Hispano-Suiza 12 jb engine is far less elegant than the Lorraine engined one. Even so, and comparing the model with photos and plans from this book, the fuselage in front of the wing seems to be too deep. But, of course, the photos above can be misleading.

Edited by CarLos
Typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, planeart said:

Many bad comments i see about this model!! I was involved in making the box art, but i also informed the other guys who are responsible about the making of the model itself to add here their views and to answer to those ''comments'', cos a couple of them are not so constructive... maybe even hostile instead!!! .As for beeing a resin kit...i quess this is a problem for a lot of modellers,  but,  to set a model company with injection machines needs a mountain of money!! A few guys who built this kit said it was a good one!! As i mentioned i was only involved in the box art!! I suppose it will be some answers to those...unhappy with this effort!!! 

:thumbsup:

Hello,

Looking back, I must apologise, I sound most ungrateful :sorry: .

Firstly, my complements on your excellent box art. Box art is one of the best (but sometimes in the past, e.g. mid 1970's style 'photo of badly made model', worst) aspects of our hobby.

I for one love box art ( I cut out and save it in a folder for models I have built).

Regarding this particular variation of the Potez XXV, well, given the incredible number of variants, here is one that was unfamiliar to me.

I checked my references and indeed, although designed to facilitate the fitting of a ludicrous number of engines, the dear  old XXV wasn't designed to take this one.

Moreover it seems, in an attempt to create a manageable CoG, 25kg of weight was put in the tail, resulting in a Potez XXV variant with quite challenging handling.

The supply chain to Greece was terribly problematic at this time, finances very limited, so all credit to Greece for literally getting this off the ground.

I'm sorry about my 'refrigerator' comment, but in all honesty I can say this is no poke at the master modeller. Now when I look at this actual variant in period photos, this extremely chunky nose is a characteristic of the real aircraft, albeit a little less pronounced in the photos (maybe).

As CarLos said, possibly one of the less elegant of the engine configurations.

Why the extreme despondency? Well, we Potez XXV (and Breguet 19) fans are getting very weary now.

I for one, have written to a number of manufacturers, sometimes openly here on BM, trying to convince them that maybe their latest 'Luft 46' could create a little financial cushion, with which as Learstang  rightly asserts, they finally create a decent injection moulded kit if the 'most produced inter-war aircraft'.

I'm preaching to the converted on this thread, but the sheer number of decal/nationality/configuration options is mind boggling. Surely sales friendly. The 'old' Apple thing of 'You didn't know you needed this until we made and released it'.

This kit is actually, very welcome and good :) . It's the best Potez XXV kit I've seen since Broplan.

It is far nicer than the Merlin and I would rather saw the nose off and scratch build another, than touch another Hit Kit with a cattle prod :poke: .

This one is designed for Greek and MTO fans and will probably sell like hot cakes.

The forward fuselage still looks very deep, the gunwells questionable, but this will be quickly rectified by those that are attracted to this variant.

Resin is fine, different approaches can be taken. Arma-Hobby are doing some nice work and Choroszy always has. Mr Omega has some startlingly good moments too ;) .

I guess many of us are just still sad that a Lorraine, Hispano, Renault, Salmson or Jupiter easily compatible model isn't out there. :( 

I will very likely buy one of these, then conduct radical rhinoplasty to convert to a Jupiter engined aircraft :D ! Why?

Because the overall shape is really neat, and that's a bonus for us XXV 'Desperados' right now.

All best regards.

TonyT

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Hello,

Looking back, I must apologise, I sound most ungrateful :sorry: .

Firstly, my complements on your excellent box art. Box art is one of the best (but sometimes in the past, e.g. mid 1970's style 'photo of badly made model', worst) aspects of our hobby.

I for one love box art ( I cut out and save it in a folder for models I have built).

Regarding this particular variation of the Potez XXV, well, given the incredible number of variants, here is one that was unfamiliar to me.

I checked my references and indeed, although designed to facilitate the fitting of a ludicrous number of engines, the dear  old XXV wasn't designed to take this one.

Moreover it seems, in an attempt to create a manageable CoG, 25kg of weight was put in the tail, resulting in a Potez XXV variant with quite challenging handling.

The supply chain to Greece was terribly problematic at this time, finances very limited, so all credit to Greece for literally getting this off the ground.

I'm sorry about my 'refrigerator' comment, but in all honesty I can say this is no poke at the master modeller. Now when I look at this actual variant in period photos, this extremely chunky nose is a characteristic of the real aircraft, albeit a little less pronounced in the photos (maybe).

As CarLos said, possibly one of the less elegant of the engine configurations.

Why the extreme despondency? Well, we Potez XXV (and Breguet 19) fans are getting very weary now.

I for one, have written to a number of manufacturers, sometimes openly here on BM, trying to convince them that maybe their latest 'Luft 46' could create a little financial cushion, with which as Learstang  rightly asserts, they finally create a decent injection moulded kit if the 'most produced inter-war aircraft'.

I'm preaching to the converted on this thread, but the sheer number of decal/nationality/configuration options is mind boggling. Surely sales friendly. The 'old' Apple thing of 'You didn't know you needed this until we made and released it'.

This kit is actually, very welcome and good :) . It's the best Potez XXV kit I've seen since Broplan.

It is far nicer than the Merlin and I would rather saw the nose off and scratch build another, than touch another Hit Kit with a cattle prod :poke: .

This one is designed for Greek and MTO fans and will probably sell like hot cakes.

The forward fuselage still looks very deep, the gunwells questionable, but this will be quickly rectified by those that are attracted to this variant.

Resin is fine, different approaches can be taken. Arma-Hobby are doing some nice work and Choroszy always has. Mr Omega has some startlingly good moments too ;) .

I guess many of us are just still sad that a Lorraine, Hispano, Renault, Salmson or Jupiter easily compatible model isn't out there. :( 

I will very likely buy one of these, then conduct radical rhinoplasty to convert to a Jupiter engined aircraft :D ! Why?

Because the overall shape is really neat, and that's a bonus for us XXV 'Desperados' right now.

All best regards.

TonyT

Dear Tony t, hello!!

I was not refering to you, i meant in general,  but i really respect your very informative answer!! Also you raised the fact that under really difficult Economiy crisis in Greece these years, it is a great effort a small company to try and release some very interesting kits out there for some,,,modeller well informed guys!! I am sure your jadging abilities is better than mine as far as the model is concern...and also thank you for the kind remarques about my work in kit's box art!! I also like to inform, that the guy who is responsible in making ans designing this kit, has taken numerous awards in IPMS UK Nationals, and i think he also took once the best of the show!! That does not mean that he is flaw less of perfect...but he's not somebody who just took the job to design the kit out of the blue!! I hope he, or another guy from Grand Models to comment here as well for more information!!! 

Have a nice day!!!                                                                                                              Kostas Kavvathias

• Like 1

Both the original photo and the box art are really inspiring Kostas.

Its interesting, in my last post when I wrote about supply chain difficulties and lack of resources; I meant at this stage of the war for RHAF.

Then you discussed this in relation to Greece today. It really made me think that things seem to be going full circle in terms of the Global economy.

With regard to the Potez XXV, I'm no expert. I'm an enthusiast and have been digging around and researching them for around 15 years. Really interesting aircraft that were truly global, capable of very diverse duties, IMHO attractive aircraft. I can almost not mention them without mentioning the  Breguet 19 in the same sentence.

In this case it seems these engines were intended for Breguet 19's, but it was more economical to adapt the Potez XXV, so the two aircraft types are linked again ;) .

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

I just wonder, how the nose looks in existing Broplan model of the same version. I do not have this version in my stash, however I have found some review with photos:

http://www.internetmodeler.com/2000/april/first-looks/broplan_potez.htm

One can see it only from top (on the right):

broplan_potez25_parts_2.jpg

The front has some slope and it is less "bull-nose", but it does not look so narrow as the photo can suggest. This was V-engine - so it must have some width . So - perhaps one have to do only a small correction this single element building Grand Model Potez. Anyway - it is far easier to made scratch correction of a single element then to do whole model out of scratch, isn't? Other elements on photos of Grand Model Potez looks rather tasty.  

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I don't think your artwork is the issue TBH;)

Thanks Sgt Squarehead...i know that, i just wanted to help in any way, from my perspective for some issues raised by other Modellers here! I have not seen the kit, so i do not have a full picture!!

All the best!!

5 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Both the original photo and the box art are really inspiring Kostas.

Its interesting, in my last post when I wrote about supply chain difficulties and lack of resources; I meant at this stage of the war for RHAF.

Then you discussed this in relation to Greece today. It really made me think that things seem to be going full circle in terms of the Global economy.

With regard to the Potez XXV, I'm no expert. I'm an enthusiast and have been digging around and researching them for around 15 years. Really interesting aircraft that were truly global, capable of very diverse duties, IMHO attractive aircraft. I can almost not mention them without mentioning the  Breguet 19 in the same sentence.

In this case it seems these engines were intended for Breguet 19's, but it was more economical to adapt the Potez XXV, so the two aircraft types are linked again ;) .

All best regards

TonyT

Thanks again for the comments and information!! As i mentioned, i hope one of the guys who built the model, to share information here to let us know about the kit's issues!! If there are, and wich ones are!!!  As for the Global economy....we cannot talk this here i suppose!!:D If you were close by, i would treat bear or any other drink you like, and can talk at any subject you wish!!!

Have a nice day!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1