1/72 XF8U-1 Crusaders 138899 and 138900 done

A quick couple of pics showing the first two Crusader prototypes done.

In the backround are the other two I'm working on. The XF8U-3 Super Crusader and the GMC are mine. Here's a link to the building posts. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234985180-172-xf8u-1-crusader-prototypes-138899-and-138900/and here's the link to the two in the backround 140444 and 140446. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234993879-172-f8u-1-crusader-140444-and-140446/ Grant_Park_dsiplay_Apl_2_2016_4.jpgGrant_Park_dsiplay_Apl_2_2016_7.jpg

• Like 32

Awesome! The NMF looks superb on those. The second from the camera looks particularly nice. The collection looks ready to taxi out and start testing. Really impressive. I'm going to bookmark the WiP!

Jay

Awesome! The NMF looks superb on those. The second from the camera looks particularly nice. The collection looks ready to taxi out and start testing. Really impressive. I'm going to bookmark the WiP!

Jay

Huge thanks, I'm still practicing NMF and it's not easy working from greyscale photos, even though they look almost the same in colour. I'm trying to build them in order of production. I have a few more to do in between other projects.It'll be nice when I get to the basic E and J models. Most will be the early pencil nose ones.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Nice builds and nice results!!! without a doubt the love and effort you put on those kits was worth of it!!

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

They`re different, great collection and really nicely done

great looking line up , nice work

Finally got the multi quote figured out, thanks everyone. More to come eventually. It'll be linked up.

Neat line up, but add the Super Crusader to it. Well done on all five models.

Jim

Cracking work, they look great

That's a really great line up!

Martin

Great and interesting builds, they especially look good as a collection, unique :)

Fantastic work!

Thanks, I should've moved the big sister over for the pictures, when the other two are done I'll have to do that. Thanks to all who helped with reference too, it all helped. I can't afford a trip to see the actual '899 in Seattle Wa. so I hope she's mostly correct.

• Like 1

A very impressive collection of pre-production test aircraft. Might i suggest photographing the 4 lined up with a piece of background paper or something like it, to make for a less distracting background.

Very cool!

david

A very impressive collection of pre-production test aircraft. Might i suggest photographing the 4 lined up with a piece of background paper or something like it, to make for a less distracting background.

Very cool!

david

I want to do just that for a picture. This was taken at a club display in a mall recently. I want to work on something realistic for a backround.

Hi Pat,

fantastic line-up of early F-8s, one of the sexiest jet ever to grace an aircraft carrier deck, as far as I am concerned!

Keep at it, as there are still quite a few F-8 avatars to model!!!

Congrats

JR

Actually i think your interpretation of the multi-hued natural metal finish is very good.

You mentioned the early Crusader wheel design was different. Was it by any chance a carry over from the F7U Cutlass programme? I was wondering if you looked at the wheels in the Fujimi Cutlass kit.

-d-

Hi Pat,

fantastic line-up of early F-8s, one of the sexiest jet ever to grace an aircraft carrier deck, as far as I am concerned!

Keep at it, as there are still quite a few F-8 avatars to model!!!

Congrats

JR

I agree, she is one sexy plane. I intend to eventually have a squadron, however many that is.

Actually i think your interpretation of the multi-hued natural metal finish is very good.

You mentioned the early Crusader wheel design was different. Was it by any chance a carry over from the F7U Cutlass programme? I was wondering if you looked at the wheels in the Fujimi Cutlass kit.

-d-

I looked at the gutlass Cutlass photos and have the Fujimi, nothing is interchangable.other than the jet fuel. Some of the panels were titanium and painted silver, others bare aluminum. That's what I read and have been told.

A great collection. Terrifc nmf. I wish I could get mine as good for my Lightnings.

Thanks, I'm still learning natural meta. I want to try some old fashioned aluminum foil sometime. Look in the link to the building and see what I did on these. I noted the ups and downs I had.

• 2 weeks later...