A Hunter from Fife *Finished*

I decided I had nothing better to do after walking the dog so went back and gave the Hunter a thin dusting of Mr Hobby DSG over the top of the previous coat. I know that in the very previous post I said that I didn't like the Gunze DSG but thought a light coat might work ok. So what do you think?

3383CE03-ADD7-4149-BE8B-6BA131C515BD_zps

The actual colour is a lot lighter than in the photo but it is now somewhere between the 2 previous photos and I'm happy enough with it to continue with the DG. What a nightmare colour to photograph.

Duncan B

• Like 2

Next step was to cut some masks out of Friskit film and once that was done I had no reason not to carry on painting so it was on with the DG. I used Mr Color's DG as I've found previously that it's quite a good match to Xtracolour's DG.

08895D93-211E-4014-89FE-5F404C548530_zps

4B259976-359F-4B49-9166-42675EA6DD3A_zps

6FD2F687-EFE7-467F-A5DC-75BF8EF8A7EE_zps

0E65A8C3-1DF6-4DB4-A902-4058B73232A8_zps

I'm still not convinced with the accuracy of Gunze's DSG and the DG looks a little off too to my eye but I'm happy enough as it might darken up a bit with a coat of gloss on. The paint has fought me all the way with this build so I'm glad to have the bulk of it finished now. Good progress for the day though.

Has anybody else noticed that the grey colour seems to change colour in every picture above!!

Duncan B

• Like 5

Excellent looking camo, how do you use / cut the Friskit film?

Has anybody else noticed that the grey colour seems to change colour in every picture above!!

Yes but that's nothing on the purple undersides in the last photo.

• Like 2

Nigel, re the Friskit film I first scaled up the painting instructions to 1/72 and printed out a couple of copies. Then I placed the sections under the film and traced around them with a new scalpel, job done.

Not any progress since the post above as I've been busy working on my Website. I might manage to get a gloss coat on the Hunter tomorrow.

Duncan B

I haven't been near my modelling desk for a while so with the deadline looming I thought I'd better get something done.

65054FC8-8D0B-4D5E-8C5D-26A5473F8256_zps

07B93E00-5F46-4975-95B5-BD8B38705A0F_zps

Yep, that's the sum total of what I've been able to do! I've stuck on the tailplane and I've given the whole thing a couple of coats of gloss varnish. I'd better get a wiggle on or else it'll be another DNF. I'll start decaling this afternoon then it'll look like there is a bit more progress.

Duncan B

p.s. I have no idea why the first picture has my Hunter nose-diving to oblivion as it was saved in 'level flight' on Photobucket!!

• Like 3

I decided I had nothing better to do after walking the dog so went back and gave the Hunter a thin dusting of Mr Hobby DSG over the top of the previous coat. I know that in the very previous post I said that I didn't like the Gunze DSG but thought a light coat might work ok. So what do you think?

3383CE03-ADD7-4149-BE8B-6BA131C515BD_zps

The actual colour is a lot lighter than in the photo but it is now somewhere between the 2 previous photos and I'm happy enough with it to continue with the DG. What a nightmare colour to photograph.

Duncan B

The faded look from all the Sunshine Leuchars gets lol. Always good to see Leuchars machines getting made.

Darren

• Like 1

I've started on the decaling, I'm using the Fantasy Workshop decals. The roundels are made of three parts, 1 for each colour.

52DBB568-1B8B-4419-944B-201CAC369243_zps

30743995-211B-4A38-BC06-52C6CACA38D9_zps

B0770C91-975A-454B-B3C6-F9E129431984_zps

I'll let them dry overnight and continue with them tomorrow.

Duncan B

• Like 4

Exceptional looking work there DB, very nice as it goes. Your black gloves do slightly give me the creeps though.

Thanks Nigel, this build has been painfully slow though but I have had a major spring clean in the model room which stopped play for a week.

DB

p.s. They're not gloves!!!

Nice to see this one getting her identity Duncan. Three part roundels though, yuck, I have enough trouble with separate red centres.

• Like 1

Nice to see this one getting her identity Duncan. Three part roundels though, yuck, I have enough trouble with separate red centres.

Those 222 Sqn bars look nice on the Hunter don't they? I remember seeing one in a Museum somewhere that was in 222 Sqn colours but can't remember where!

I'm dreading trying to get the red centres in position.

DB

I'm wearing my fake human costume tonight so that I don't upset Nigel with my alien hands! Decaling is finished now.

52568F95-2F0B-4A13-879B-1E958E9F5781_zps

Spoiler alert Fake skin in shot

74143041-A853-4EDB-A34C-180F24CE1307_zps

1CD2B73F-EB62-4776-849F-7DB5B147F83E_zps

2C7D321F-E338-42B3-8212-0C035C5F3995_zps

So that's where I'm at, tomorrow I'll give it another coat of gloss to even it all out then I'll get a satin coat on (the model that is, my satin bomber jacket wouldn't fit me now) and start the final assembly. Might manage to sneak this one over the finish line before the end of the GB.

Duncan B

• Like 5

That looks great with the decals on, very neat work as ever.

I'm wearing my fake human costume tonight so that I don't upset Nigel with my alien hands!

I am reassured by this, thanks for your consideration Mr Alien DB.

• Like 1

C'mon Duncan, we need you to get this done, the sands of time are running out

Don't attempt to do all the stenciling, as it it will take way too long, and you have a long way to go still, and the slope gets much steeper from here, trust me on this.

Take this as just tying to give you some encouragement for the task ahead

• Like 1