Mirage IV - Heller 1/48

Well here's my entry - Heller's 1/48 Mirage IV - with all the trimmings I could lay my chubby little fingfers on (there may be more out there, but this will do for me! )

1:

The BOX :worthy:

2a6a6751-aee8-4923-9baf-f3f8945f7ebb_zps

2: The content of The BOX :frantic:

5a2e803e-81d6-4358-a909-4a97835e0ad1_zps

3: The content of what's NOT in The BOX :Tasty:

262c451e-31d3-46b8-9bec-bf6be651c6d7_zps

(yes I KNOW - there are actually 2 (two, deux, zwei) sets of landing gear! I don't know why I bought 2!? :hmmm: )

That's all for now - the building starts the 16'th!

(I perceive a lot of rescribing in the beginning!! :undecided: )

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 11

Really pleased to see a Mirage IV in this GB, an exotic type that I have only seen twice and one that served in the nuclear strike role through the 80's. As De Gaulle put it, "We don't have fighter aircraft, we have fear-inducing aircraft".

Michael

Yes I know - they really look great in silver - but since I'm not that good at NM finishes :blush: I'm kind'a happy they started painting them in camouflage colours in 1977! :winkgrin:

Yes the plan is to rescribe it - I've got 3 months for this project and as it's close to my heart, I'll try my dandiest to make it as good as I can. :hobbyhorse:

And you all know Murphy's Law: As soon as I've finished it, Tamiyahasegawaeduardamk will announce a new kit of it! :bleh: in my face! :winkgrin:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 6

...And we're off!!

Rescribing has been started, but I forgot to take any pictures as my hands were covered in plasticdust!

However I managed to get a photo of !The Tools of the Trade" :winkgrin:

FullSizeRender%2036_zpsy7xfcvy5.jpg

And just to show the world that modelling is a real mans hobby, I've included a 'Jeremy Clarkson'-tool, but I leave it up to you to guess which one it is! :evil_laugh:

On another note - can anyone here direct me to some photos of the bomb recess of the Mirage IVA.

:search:... you may say - and I have - hours after hours, but it seems that all pictures of the underbelly of the Mirage IV is of the *P' version with all the cameras or the later IVA with the missile.

What I need is a picture of the recess itself, as I would like to make one without the bomb attached.

Perhaps my english isn't up to the task of getting Google to understand what I'm looking for! :book:

Please Britmodellers - you are my only hope! :please:

Hans J

• Like 3

...And we're off!!

Rescribing has been started, but I forgot to take any pictures as my hands were covered in plasticdust!

However I managed to get a photo of !The Tools of the Trade" :winkgrin:

And just to show the world that modelling is a real mans hobby, I've included a 'Jeremy Clarkson'-tool, but I leave it up to you to guess which one it is! :evil_laugh:

On another note - can anyone here direct me to some photos of the bomb recess of the Mirage IVA.

:search:... you may say - and I have - hours after hours, but it seems that all pictures of the underbelly of the Mirage IV is of the *P' version with all the cameras or the later IVA with the missile.

What I need is a picture of the recess itself, as I would like to make one without the bomb attached.

Perhaps my english isn't up to the task of getting Google to understand what I'm looking for! :book:

Please Britmodellers - you are my only hope! :please:

Hans J

It's the nail-file! Right?

Good luck with finding the photos you need. I tried a search based on the terms "Mirage IV walkaround" but that turned up nothing :(

Thank's for looking Col, it isn't easy!

But then it wouldn't be any fun, now would it? :winkgrin:

I can see I have to narrow it down a bit: :winkgrin:

Helen Mirren once called JC for a 'Über-male' like Paris Hilton was 'Über-female' - so the nail-file.... :hmmm: ... :fraidnot: ...or maybe...

On another note - What music would you say emphazises this topic of the '80'es?

I remember that every wednesday at noon the air-raid alarms were being tested - just in case - so with this in mind I've been listening to Sting - 'Russians' and Nena '99 Luftballons' (german version). :thumbsup:

What would you listen to? :headphones:

Hans J

• Like 1

Perhaps we need to fire up some links to 80's era music in the reference thread to get ourselves in the right mood :D

Well now - down to business!

The scribing continued today:

4a611591-1577-4b94-a43a-b54a4ada1883_zps

a bit closer:

d54029f3-e450-42e0-b076-4684866fcd94_zps

And cleaned up using a stiff brush and white spirit: :drink: (NO - NOT for drinking!!!) :sick:

b1264005-00b9-43cd-88ff-8cc06ffa7648_zps

I'm taking my own sweet time with this one - been wanting to build one for ages! :D Why I haven't done it before? - well it's just one of those things, you know! :shrug:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 5

Well now - down to business!

The scribing continued today...

I'm taking my own sweet time with this one - been wanting to build one for ages! :D

Quite right too. No point rushing the job and spoiling it.

• 2 weeks later...

Still scribing along........... :winkgrin:

(kind of relaxing really - I may have to do more of this... :crap: ) :winkgrin:

and scribing, scribing, scribing......

(No photos - it's not THAT interesting! :winkgrin: )

Hans J

PS it's just to let you know I'm still alive and well...

Just scribing, scribing.....

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Oohhhh! What a fool am I !! :fool:

Today - just TODAY I discover the superb use of Dymo strips in the field of scribing! :banghead:

If only a good friend had put his hand on my shoulder and said:" Hans - we've been friends a long time now, and there's something I need to tell you! There's a thing called Dymo and it's great for scribing models" And I would've stood there with awe and admiration in my eyes over the wealth of wisdom coming from him. :heart:

But it'd didn't happen so I had to find out the hard way! :boxing:

I was wondering if I couldn't use tape to hold my ruler as I scribed, when it suddendly dawned upon me - DYMO!! :frantic::clap:

IMG_0751_zpsk6chssnp.jpg

Anyway - that's what I've been up to - anything new in the world?

Hans J

• Like 8

Glad to see you're still going at this one Hans. I think you may, however, get rather deep panel lines scribing with that saw! :lol:

• Like 2

I missed the start, it seems.

Interesting topic and good work so far.

Really pleased to see a Mirage IV in this GB, an exotic type that I have only seen twice

Exotic????

:rolleyes:

It look like you think "P" stand for the recce version, but it's not the case.

"P" stand for "pénétration", and this apply to 18 airframes wired and modified to be ASMP capable.

They were still able to take on CT52 recce pod, as well as the old IVA.

About some A bomb craddle picture, do not forget that you deal with a nuclear vector.

I mean an old one, at a time when picture of this kind where more easily forbidden than today.