Revell 1/72 Hunter F.6, quick build

Excellent work. And I'm still thinking what to do for this GB.

Hi Alex. Photos, as promised, of the 66 squadron Hunter with the straight leading edge to the unit marking proving the Revell decal and any artwork by post 80' is wrong with the curved front edge!

IMG_9404_zpsk0lyrxjo.jpg

Artwork based on the photo below by R.Ward ( of Modeldecal fame) and much earlier than current artwork. and below photographic proof of the straight front end to the unit marking:

IMG_9403_zpsn8cmwl3s.jpg

As far as I have found, the markings design is quite unique for 66 Squadron.

Hope this answers any queries!

Did Revell update the decal sheet as I'm sure the one I have has the straight edge as above?

Duncan B

The finished result looks great. I thought the Gunze DSG would look too dark as that is a criticism that has been levelled at that colour before (and I've certainly thought that when I use it on a Phantom that I eventually stripped back because I wasn't happy with it) but on your RFI it looks absolutely right to me.

Your build has been a great inspiration to me so I'd better get started on mine.

Duncan B

Did Revell update the decal sheet as I'm sure the one I have has the straight edge as above?

Duncan B

From what I understand yes they did. At least the earlier curved edge decals can be used for a T.7

The finished result looks great. I thought the Gunze DSG would look too dark as that is a criticism that has been levelled at that colour before (and I've certainly thought that when I use it on a Phantom that I eventually stripped back because I wasn't happy with it) but on your RFI it looks absolutely right to me.

Your build has been a great inspiration to me so I'd better get started on mine.

Duncan B

Ah yes, the ever-progressing Phantoms, how are they going Duncan? Same as my Lightning I'm guessing...

I'm about to start a Hunter for this GB by the way. How is your one coming along? :poke::wicked:

• Like 1