Rogue One

How cool does that Star Destroyer look "hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"? (© Douglas Adams)

Love the view of the Death Star orbiting a planet too. If nothing else this should be a visual treat.

Ooh oo oo and that tank thing. Bandai, I hope you're making notes here!

• Like 3

In 3D I cant wait!! :popcorn: Im going "all the way" with "yes sir" Jyn too, then next year im going with Rey again cuz shes my fav, has a lightsaber and likes playing with balls, she can straighten my antenna anytime :wub:

Bandai please make a 94cm 1/1700 Star Destroyer! Its never going to be more popular than now!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

partisan_xwing.jpg

Better look at one of the new X-Wing schemes, there were some photos of this scheme leaked a few months back from the set of the film. It's called a Partisan X-Wing so maybe it belongs to a different group of rebels? Supposedly there are lots of rebel groups acting individually and it doesn't become a united resistance group until the third film.

Not sure if it ties into the film, but the guys running the Rebels TV series have said there are many separate groups with different leaders and different equipment working to the same basic goal but with no coordination. So in the films the rebel group has only X-wing and Y-wing craft, in the Rebel series they only have A-Wings, plus there are the aquatic guys with the big warships etc. Eventually they all unite for the big final battle and form a single Rebel fleet with all their varied gear.

• Like 2

Ive yet to see a white decal that could cover up the details behind the cockpit. The easiest way would be to make the X-wing all black plastic & include.. or say, "requires" some white paint & masking tape.

As cool as that X-wing is, Id rather see a TIE Bomber tooled than a black X-wing with some white on it.

The first time i went to see a film at the cinema it was a A New Hope. So there was i, an amazed, confused 6 year old. Luke was my hero (and still is) the x wing was the coolest thing. So the TFA had some work to do - and i did leave the cinema somewhat disappointed after my hero, Luke Skywalker, didn't turn up till the episode of Country File at the end, and then said **** all!
Rogue One, you look great. DONT LET ME DOWN

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/09/2016 at 11:39 AM, BobSolo said:

Ive yet to see a white decal that could cover up the details behind the cockpit. The easiest way would be to make the X-wing all black plastic & include.. or say, "requires" some white paint & masking tape.

As cool as that X-wing is, Id rather see a TIE Bomber tooled than a black X-wing with some white on it.

I'd rather all white and add black paint though ;)

This move keeps looking better and better.

Some have complained that it is not a 'true Star Wars' because it does not feature Jedi but that is one reason I really like it. It is great to see the war from the perspective of a common fighter and the Super Saiyans have been over used.

Is it my imagination or is that an Imperial space station under attack in the space scenes? It has Death Star type gun towers on it. If so that will be a big plus- we have yet to see any Imperial space based installations, just DS's & ISD's

• 4 weeks later...

Quite surprised at how much new stuff we're getting :) Another trailer!

This one though might give a few things away regarding the battles so perhaps view with caution if you want to see th efilm without spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9ADCdHhjyw

This one has more combat including a better look at the Rebel fleet with at least two new ship designs plus Blue Squadron X-Wings instead of the usual Red ones :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

For info the IMAX cinema at Waterloo London is showing Rogue One in 3D. Saw it today and it was even better than the first time I saw it in 2D at a normal cinema.

Robert

On 08/02/2017 at 10:41 PM, Robert said:

For info the IMAX cinema at Waterloo London is showing Rogue One in 3D. Saw it today and it was even better than the first time I saw it in 2D at a normal cinema.

Robert

I have to see Star Wars at the cinema in 3D it just blows my mind that i can be flying round in space in the Falcon, in crowded streets on a desert moon, escaping a massive explosion from the Death Star. Then in a corridor with Vader slaughtering everyone haha!  It just seems so real. I think I saw TFA 4 times and Rogue One 3 times as my local showcase cinema took it off 3D then bought it back again, when i presume Assasins Creed 3D flopped, aaand now its back to 2D again, so im waiting for the DVD.

On 8 February 2017 at 10:41 PM, Robert said:

Robert

I saw it in 3D about 3 weeks ago. I thought it was very well done in 3D, not overdoing the effects.