Fujimi Nissan GTR

This kit has been asking to be made ever since it turned up a few weeks ago and now the lambo is finished the temptation has finally got too much.

The box

20160410_124746_zpsbgmdsn89.jpg

And a quick mock up of the body. I have to say that the body does let it down a little as the front and rear bumper are not moulded to it (a good thing) but the locating tabs to get them on are very small or just plain not there and I had to file away material on the bonnet hinges to get the fit correct as it was too far forward but only by 1-2 mm so over all its good so far

20160410_130220_zpsej3ozgwu.jpg

I did fit the glass parts aswell just to see how the fit of them were due to the issue I had with my lamborghini build and they are so tight already without any paint so I am either going to cut the glass part into 4 bits or really trim them down so it won't cause me problems at the end

More soon

Shaun

• Like 4

A small update from today

Just going round the body cleaning bits up and getting it ready for primer, honestly I am a little disappointed with the lack of work work I need to do to get it to the paint stage but at the same time massive credit to fujimi for finally making a great kit. Here is a quick shot of how tight the engine bay will be once done and yes it has a full engine unlike the tamiya and aoshima versions of this car

20160411_135658_zpsbpexnx39.jpg

And when fitting the glass work I noticed it was very tight so I have taken the decision to cut out the parts and the tightness is gone but I have left enough meat on the none to glue them in when I need to, the bits with alot of over hang will be cleaned up later

20160411_135652_zpssufm2onj.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 3

Small update I have primed the body work and the floor/chassis

Again I think fujimi have added a lovely amount of detail to this kit but some of these parts may be a pain to paint later

20160411_191251_zpsax2cswly.jpg

And the body needed very little doing to it before I primed it

20160411_191234_zpscvezmvpy.jpg

If it stays dry I should have a colour coat on tomorrow but I first need to decide what colour.

Shaun

• Like 2

So finally an update for this

The brake disks on this are really a work of art, made up of 2 bits per disk with inner detail and simulated scratches on the disk surface

20160416_113534-1_zpsgs292uob.jpg

So I have painted them up with alclad

20160416_154829-1_zpsxutvbelt.jpg

Getting some of the front suspension and drive gear painted up

20160416_154757_zpsltfbsuae.jpg

The engine has been painted, I tried something different with the alclad colour I used on this bit as I didn't prime the engine before paint so some of the plastic colour shows through

20160416_154818-1_zpsxugy62nu.jpg

And finally I have got the Base coat on the body just needs a bit of clear now

20160416_154904-1_zpss8pgog5w.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 2

A few more little bits done during the day

Going into the last parts fitting for the front end and it's a bit of a shame as all this will be hidden when the plate which has the lower wishbones on is stuck to the chassis

20160417_142220_zpsg99gc2xc.jpg

And on goes the plate I was just talking about, it would have been nice if they followed tamiyas lead with the Ferrari Enzo they do as that has a clear part for the underside so you can still see all the inner parts, oh well at least I know they are there and painted up for the future

20160417_155517_zps2h2dkusp.jpg

The wheels I am not to sure about as this is how they come in the box 1) I don't like the colour 2) the colour is really badly done

20160417_155505_zps8bvty4jw.jpg

And on the car I think they look even worse, given how the body is a metallic black and the calipers are red I don't think this titanium gold (or what ever colour it is) is the right look so I am planning on a colour change to something more fitting but I'm not sure what yet

20160417_155638_zps0r8njfga.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments guys and I stand by what I said in my previous post all manufacturers not just fujimi need to put a bit more common sense in with these kinds of kits as they are the ones putting in so much R&D into making things as correct as they can but then to hide it all under a big sheet is just a waste of time and money for them and me but gain I know it's there done properly so I'm happy.

So I wasn't going to update this build today as really there is not alot more to show but I have had a break though into my paint problems on this and the mclaren build I am doing, the needle for my airbrush had a small chunk out of it near the tip which was giving very spitting spray that has now been noticed and luckily I have a new needle of the same size so in it went and gave this a rub down and a new coat of clear and these are the results.

20160418_190232_zpsl2mlzls3.jpg

20160418_190249_zpshhaew0zn.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 3

The odd thing is that the needle and nozzle that I have in this airbrush now are from my old one that died just over a month ago, it's either great consistency in the manufacturing process or just dumb luck that they broke so close together. The only reason the old needle was in the new airbrush is because I'm one of those people that hate change but all is now working fine and hopefully I can get back to not stripping paint anymore

Shaun

• Like 1

So a few progress pictures

I have made a few additions to the engine, there are so many little bits and bobs being added to this I can not see how I am going to be able to pick it up very soon

20160421_160752_zpsu45ybda1.jpg

I have made a start to the rear end and again it will mostly be hidden under a big sheet of plastic

20160422_120656_zpstrjfty1j.jpg

And finally the body is now finished so I can start putting bits on very soon

20160421_160651_zpsdojgnys5.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments guys for once I think fujimi have outdone tamiya so I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good honest representation of this car

Shaun

Edited by shood23

So a small update with this

I hadn't started on the rear wing until now as I didn't know if I wanted to keep the stock one or have something a little different so a Google search followed and I came across a modified stock wing that I like the look of. Here's my progress with the changes

I added a couple strips of platicard to each side

20160425_184145_zpsipsdpdse.jpg

Out came the files and sand paper to sculpt it to a smoother shape

20160425_184158_zpsejgbi2wo.jpg

Just need to add the bottom bit now to finish it off

Off to finish the body off now more will come up soon

Shaun

Thanks Ashley it does have a certain resemblance doesn't it.

Staying on the wing I am making the cardinal sin of modelling as I jeep changing my mind on how I want it to look but I will have a final product some time before the weekend

Well on to my escapades today

The engine is getting very busy now but is now requiring alot of touch ups to the paint so it may look a little rough now but should get better as time goes on

20160426_135249_zps6giqews4.jpg

I have polished up the main body parts now and it just needs a quick wax after I get the final painted bits done

20160426_130237_zpstk1rciph.jpg

As the painted bits are at the front I have started on the rear end so those iconic gtr lights are in after backing them with silver foil to make the lense colour stand out

20160426_131355_zpsqptwhik5.jpg

Just noticed that my next build has been given away in the back ground oops lol also the bonnet is in the picture aswell which shows how good (if you can't tell I am really pleased with the paint finish) the shine is which I have been told is very hard to do with black

Shaun

• Like 3

Hi Shaun, great work even though I wish I'd never found this thread...

I'm off to the model shop in town on Saturday and I know they stock Fujimi!! I always wanted to try and do a Nismo version.

In the meantime, I'll be watching yours come together. :popcorn:

Tanks for the comments and nick those gold wheels are no more, they just were not the look I wanted.

So finally I have finalised my design for how I am going to have my rear wing. Alot of the kit parts have been used and modified in a way that they will work for me.

I wanted a non stock but not to different that it wouldn't fit in with the standard bumpers and styling of the car

20160426_185116_zpsueq9tk57.jpg

20160426_185205_zpshr15nhur.jpg

20160426_185140_zps3vtepkhn.jpg

But better news my new compressor is here now so I can finally finish off a few other bits but as luck would have it there is a thunderstorm going on right now so it may have to wait until tomorrow

Shaun

• Like 2

Small update with this today

I have the engine bay painted in semi gloss black

20160429_110253_zpsmra0zrkf.jpg

Also painted the mid section of the front bumper and got some of the grills in place

20160429_110220_zpsswnwfwod.jpg

The interior has been painted in red, rubber black mixed with a little gloss black and the floor and dash have been painted with semi gloss black

20160429_110151_zpsxii9ye3j.jpg

And finally the wheels have been done and completed

20160429_110237_zpspjyimkbl.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 2

Thanks Keith the final decision was actually my wife's choice

So a small amount done over the last few days

I have got the windows in, interior glued to the chassis and the the body glued on the the chassis

20160502_173119_zpsnwmixrpe.jpg

A few of the finer details have been put in place

20160502_173110_zpsue20vpue.jpg

I have also got the front lights in and the glass over them and the big change in this area, I bet you can guess, is the engine has now been glued into place

20160502_173029_zpsievqgjwu.jpg

And from another angle

20160502_173131_zpsnqmzwns7.jpg

More soon

Shaun

• Like 1